Hi guys,

Someone on craigslist offered me Peavey VYPYR VIP 3 100W 1x12 for $120. Is it a good deal?

I don't know that much about amp actually (I play through laptop usually), and it's gonna be my first amp. I'm interested in the vypyr because I heard I can control it with Behringer fcb1010.

I'm a bed room player so I don't want tube amp. I have read reviews of fender mustang and vypyr. Another guy also wants to sell his Mustang II for $120. But too bad it's the V1 one and I can't use my existing midi controller with it.

What do you guys think?
Is it a good deal?

Suspiciously so. Are you sure it isn’t stolen? Check to see if the serial number was removed.

Another guy also wants to sell his Mustang II for $120.

Only if you need Fender clean sounds and enjoy using a computer to get a decent sound from your amp. I wouldn’t pay anything for a Mustang I or II, they’re a PITA to use.
Vypyr hands down, though make sure it works and the person is not actually selling a lower model.
I just bought the amp, it's in superb condition. The seller is actually quite nice. He said I can return it if I don't like it.

The downside is, I just realized that 100W is really overkill. I didn't know that it's so loud. I live in apartment so somehow I can't use it to it's full potential.

Happy new amp day!
Quote by msetyawan
I just bought the amp, it's in superb condition. The seller is actually quite nice. He said I can return it if I don't like it.

The downside is, I just realized that 100W is really overkill. I didn't know that it's so loud. I live in apartment so somehow I can't use it to it's full potential.

Happy new amp day!

there is a volume knob for a reason

full potential isn't to be worried about it. 99% of amps are probably not used to max potential. even mine in my house.
Just did an hour test on the default presets and playing around with the editing. Editing is apparently easy.

IMHO, compared to Guitar Rig 5, this amp is way behind. Only 2 parameters per stomp box/effect, 3 channels + EQ per amp, plus delay and reverb. The good thing is it feels real (and no lag whatsoever).

Gonna test the recording tomorrow.
The Vypyr has 2 volume controls - the Post Gain and the Master Volume. Work them together to get the volume you need. Playing at a whisper shouldn't be an issue.

"Potential" is bullshit. Discard the notion.
Quote by Offworld92
The Vypyr has 2 volume controls - the Post Gain and the Master Volume. Work them together to get the volume you need. Playing at a whisper shouldn't be an issue.

"Potential" is bullshit. Discard the notion.

+3,1415

Happy New Amp Day, the Vypyr is great.
has the vip III got a headphone jack ? i have the vip I and it doesnt really shine until you turn the volume up. the thing is so damn loud that 3-4 is overkill in my house, and i found it doesnt sound great until its about 6 or 7. atleast with headphones you can crank up the volume and the tone improves alot, without it being too loud.
Yes it has. I don't know about the quality though, compared to another amp's head out. Do you have the power sponge on VIP I? I read somewhere it can be used to get the cranked up tone without being too loud.