I'm trying to diagnose an issue with my PRS SE Torero that has been causing uncontrollable amounts of feedback recently (1&1/2 weeks as of this post). The problem did not used to occur and now it arises on any amp with moderate gain or distortion. The battery for my EMG 81-85's is fresh, the wires and pins (from what I can access) appear to be intact. The only thing wrong with the guitar is a loose volume knob that has been that way for quite some time. Sometimes it would cause the pins on the back of the knob to slide off a little, but I would just slide them back into place. The only thing I can think of is that there is a bad wire I'm somehow missing, or the volume knob is somehow causing the problem even though it still works fine. I was wondering if you guys might have any ideas to help narrow it down. Any help would be much appreciated!
Last edited by bacobjee at Nov 6, 2014,
It could be a bad contact within the output jack of the guitar. I have a bass that is giving me feedback problems and I have identified the jack as the culprit. Changing it out is not difficult or expensive. Still; I would have a good technician look at it before performing any guitar surgery.