A man is going to be eaten alive by an anaconda on the Discovery Channel

Page 1 of 2
A man is going to be eaten alive by an anaconda on the Discovery Channel

For reasons we’re not entirely sure of, a man will be eaten alive by the world’s biggest snake – and it will be completely by choice.

Wildlife filmmaker Paul Rosolie will be dressed head to toe in a “custom-built snake-proof suit,” before laying down and letting a 30 foot snake devour him.

People on Twitter seem more worried for the snake, and we think that kind of makes sense.

The man being eaten says he’d never harm an animal though.

The trailer says it will be the world’s biggest snake, which means the South American Green Anaconda will be tasked with swallowing a human man. They grow to over 29 feet, weigh over 550 pounds and even eat jaguars, so Paul should be no issue.

He’ll be eaten whole.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/eaten-alive

Apparently this is a genuine thing. Discuss.
Doesn;t sound like it'll b great fun for the snake, tbh.

There's a reason I like things dead when I eat them.
I'm wary about the snake. I'm thinking, "What if this was my pet snake?" Personally, I know my anaconda don't want none.
"Ohh yeah you're a dirty snake. I bet you could fit that whole human into your mouth... "
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Nov 6, 2014,
Hiding in a giant anaconda would definitely have been my preferred method for escaping the Nazis.
I didn't get to see that skyscraper guy die on live tv. This actually seems much more possible with this.
So...wait. How is he going to get out? Is the snake going to take a big human sized shit? My head can't comprehend this.
Quote by ultimate-slash
He's got a rope or something attached to him so they can pull him back out.

I guess that makes sense.

There was no mention anywhere in the OP or the link about the extraction process.

Personally, I think they should just forget to pull the guy out and let the snake digest him.
Quote by ultimate-slash
He's got a rope or something attached to him so they can pull him back out.

So basically he's a giant tampon?
Quote by ultimate-slash
A giant mouth tampon, yes.

Why has the world waited so long to produce a giant mouth tampon?

How many lives have been needlessly ruined or lost because of the delay?

It is unacceptable, I tell you! UNACCEPTABLE!
Quote by daytripper75
I'm sort of super excited to see this.

I am too, but only in the sense of watching an event to enjoy witnessing something seriously go wrong and ugly. Like seeing a bullfighter getting gouged in the groin or through the torso. Instant gratification.
When a snake vomits, or in this case the prey gets pulled out there's a major chance of teeth, ribs and muscular damage.

This is just plain stupid, yet I'd be curious to watch it. Is the guy going to have a go pro on his helmet ?
Quote by homeless-john
I hope the snake isn't hungry and he just ends up lying there for an hour like a prick.

cancelled due to wind.
I'm not as worried about the man, or the snake, as much as how he's going to get out of the snake.
Quote by Good_Lord
When a snake vomits, or in this case the prey gets pulled out there's a major chance of teeth, ribs and muscular damage.

This is just plain stupid, yet I'd be curious to watch it. Is the guy going to have a go pro on his helmet ?

Not sure GoPro make an IR model, which presumably he'd need because it'll be dark in there.

To paraphrase a wiseguy(rather than a wise man), "outside of a snake, a man's best friend is a book. Inside of a snake, it's too dark to read".
It's not long until this airs, and they posted a teaser, plus the lack of media attention so far means that this has propably been done already and he survived.
Quote by Lord_Doku
It's not long until this airs, and they posted a teaser, plus the lack of media attention so far means that this has propably been done already and he survived.

Any thoughts on whether the crew all have snazzy 'vintage' snakeskin shoes and/or handbags?
Quote by Zaphikh
I am too, but only in the sense of watching an event to enjoy witnessing something seriously go wrong and ugly. Like seeing a bullfighter getting gouged in the groin or through the torso. Instant gratification.

it's gonna be the snake that get ****ed over. there's no way discovery lets a man die on air at the expense of a reptile
Before I started this thread earlier, I'd seen the article & just thought WTF.

Now I've read all the comments so far, my thoughts are still WTF.

Apart from this:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Why has the world waited so long to produce a giant mouth tampon?

How many lives have been needlessly ruined or lost because of the delay?

It is unacceptable, I tell you! UNACCEPTABLE!

We NEED an answer!!
Page 1 of 2