Hey all! I've been searching the depths of the internet for a pedal or combination of pedals to satisfy my needs, but I haven't had a whole lot of luck. I'm interested in getting into some electronic type stuff, with hopes of getting a low bass synth driven tone like The Glitch Mob. I know it's electronically generated, but I feel that there's a way to do it with effects, either with a guitar or a bass.
Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6KD7bjZP7c

I'm just looking for a general direction of type of pedal(s) to search for. I'm thinking of a combination of octave pedal as well as a fuzz with some sort of frequency filter, but I could be wrong. I also saw the SoundBox Multi Wave distortion and thought that it has to potential to meet my needs.

I've got a Fender Strat and a Schecter Damien going through a Peavey 6505 combo, and my roommate has an Epiphone Thunderbird with an Orange combo amp.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
The dude in Muse gets some tones VERY similar to that out of his bass that is equipped with a Kaoss pad. You might want to ask the guys in the bass forum.
Check out a Digitech RP500. You'll be able to make and get a tone of synthesizer and electronic effects from it. They sound pretty good as long as you plan on using other distortion/overdrive/fuzz.
Red Panda Bitmap will give you all of the synthy bitcrush you'll need. An octaver pedal would help too.

There are also dedicated synth pedals out there. Electro Harmonix has some of the coolest pedals in that regard out there.
Last edited by guitar/bass95 at Nov 6, 2014,
Check out Electron Harmonix. They make many pedals that could suit you'd need.