So.

Whoever changed my brother's tires at Wal-Mart left a really nice, expensive torque wrench in his truck when they were done. He's debating keeping it; we've decided that it basically comes down to whether or not the person A) has to bring their own tools and B) if they'd get in trouble for losing that. If the answer to both of those is no, then we're fine with keeping it; otherwise, morals say to bring it back.

Anybody have any (relevant and helpful) experience?
seriously if he went to the effort to torque your wheel nuts then yeah you should return it
Quote by So-Cal
seriously if he went to the effort to torque your wheel nuts then yeah you should return it
He's already on his way to return it; I just wanted to see what the Pit says.
Quote by MinterMan22
wal marts in america fix cars as well? yeesh
They also contains pharmacies, deli's and a flower section. Do yours not?
Quote by herby190
They also contains pharmacies, deli's and a flower section. Do yours not?

pharmacies and flowers yes

delis and mechanics no

seems kinda overkill but i guess thats what they're going for anyway
Last edited by MinterMan22 at Nov 6, 2014,
Wal-Mart won't stop until it becomes the United States of Wal-Mart and the dictionaries say:

capitalism (n): see Wal-Mart
Take it back dude. Nothing can replace a well used torque wrench.

But seriously, if that thing is a Snap-On it's probably worth several millions of dollars.
Quote by MinterMan22

delis and mechanics no

they definitely sell food/meat. but thats not a deli to me yo
Quote by MinterMan22

delis and mechanics no

Yeah they do.
mint we have that shit here too but they mostly just do tire and oil changes

godspeed to anyone who trusts them to do anything more than that
I've never seen a walmart that offers mechanic work

the local ones usually have a deli, fully stocked garden section, pharmacy, and guns sometimes but I have never seen one with a mechanic
There are 100000 wal marts. You steal this wrench there will just be another wal mart with a wrench. You know what else? Wal mart is a store.Why are you focusing on Wal Mart, they also have wrenches at target/
Quote by So-Cal

Agreed. The guy probably makes barely minimum wage, you shouldn't knowingly jeopardize his job.
Quote by Godsmack_IV

They also do piercings.
Quote by Burgery
i work at a gas station

return thing pls
thing returned
Dude, they don't care.
Alot of stores make millions in just a month.
I worked there, it is a shitty job and you should not care.
Quote by herby190
thing returned

good on you. I would have kept it, nice torque wrenches are expensive. but I'm a bastard

doubt they have to bring their own anyways, with a high-dollar employer like that
lol typical america still driving cars. get up on that euro transit lol this is 2014 not 1967
as someone who has worked for walmart almost certain it wasnt the mechanics personal wrench but that it would have been deducted from bonuses paid out to the stores employees
Quote by RylanThePotato
I've never seen a walmart that offers mechanic work

the local ones usually have a deli, fully stocked garden section, pharmacy, and guns sometimes but I have never seen one with a mechanic

They hire kids that can barely turn a wrench and turn down guys who have taken actual automotive classes and have credentials in the industry. Same with Sears, from my experience with them.

Walmart, biggest corporate failure to come.
Quote by Godsmack_IV

no shit eh? i thought crappy tire had the low standard mechanic onlock
they are not mechanics, the are tire and lube techs. i worked as one for about 2 years making shit wages. and no you do not bring your own tools, if it was me id keep it screw walmart.