Quote by Rawshik
Anyone have any recommendations for a quality strap for bass? Preferably one that has padding and locking system. I was looking at this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002GZBLU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=SD1UO66SDV3Y&coliid=I1STIFSDE708OO

But apparently it's not great for people wear their bass high up like I do.

That one works fine for people who wear their basses up high like a medieval breastplate, or very low in "Gunslinger" fashion. I have about ten of those bass straps and I have never felt the need to use any other.
I've got some Planet Waves straps that have the built in strap locks. They work great other than whenever I put the bass down the strap likes to twist. So I just take off one end until I'm ready to use that bass. They've survived my nonsense at gigs.
I've always used the Dimarzio Clip Lock Straps for all my basses. Never had a problem with them at all.
Levy's aren't cheap but honestly they are comfortable and don't wear and tear like other ones I've tried.
Quote by anarkee
Levy's aren't cheap but honestly they are comfortable and don't wear and tear like other ones I've tried.

I've had my Levy's for over 10 yrs and no issues at all. And they are super comfortable.
Gibson (yes, Gibson) actually has some pretty good (and pretty expensive) straps out there that have great wide leather with memory foam. Look for the Modern Vintage, the Austin Comfort and the Fatboy straps.

The locking system is up to you, and available separately (since they usually consist of a part that goes on the strap and another part that goes on the guitar itself).
Quote by FatalGear41
That one works fine for people who wear their basses up high like a medieval breastplate, or very low in "Gunslinger" fashion. I have about ten of those bass straps and I have never felt the need to use any other.

I've got a few of these as well. The padding can be a pain to adjust if you want to play high, but it still works.
Quote by Ziphoblat
Minotaur straps are worth a look if you're anywhere near Europe.

By "near Europe," are you talking just offshore, or like Marrakesh or Estonia?