5 8%
Both
12 18%
I gave myself permission :cool:
25 38%
Other
3 5%
Voters: 65.
I asked mom because she would almost always say yes.

I'm still living at home, though, so now I just do whatever I want.
No one really, when you get a job you can pretty much do what you want.
Last edited by lemmyisgod97 at Nov 7, 2014,
Pretty sure the past tense is ambiguous.

I'd ask my father, like a #proper patriarch
Depends on what it was. If I wanted permission to buy a videogame or something I'd ask my dad but if I wanted permission to get a lift out somewhere I'd ask my mum.

Then sometimes you get in the old continuous loop of "Ask your mum" "Ask your dad" etc. etc.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
No one really, when you get a job you can pretty much do what you want.

You're like 14 brah.

But I'd always ask my mom or ask my mom to ask my dad or just do it on my own and get in srs trouble later
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission, I remember when I was like 14 I said that to my chemistry teacher when she asked me why I left school 4 hours early the day before without permission, she flipped her shit, but she had a lisp so it was funny.
Mostly my mom but shed have me go ask my dad about some stuff

After i was about 16 i didnt really need to ask permission for anything though
A cat does not ask for forgiveness or permission she just does whatever she wants.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission

Quote by lemmyisgod97
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission, I remember when I was like 14 I said that to my chemistry teacher when she asked me why I left school 4 hours early the day before without permission, she flipped her shit, but she had a lisp so it was funny.

so badass
Mom because dad would range from "no" to "I don't care", and kid me always took "I don't care" as "do it if you want, but I'm not going to be happy about it"
Now I ask my dad more. But when I was little, I would just ask whoever because if I asked my mom she would tell me to ask my dad and vice versa.
"I'm going to go do x see you later" to whoever. if they werent around would just call sometime later and tell them where i was/what i was doing. my parents were not idiots.
It's always easier to obtain forgiveness than permission.

Remember that. Except when you're trying to sex a girl.
Quote by So-Cal
i asked the billpayer

lol'd way more than I should have at this.
It depended on the timing for me. If my dad was in a bad mood I'd ask my mom and vice versa. I hated it when they did that "Oh why don't you ask your father" bullshit though. It's like no, he's in a bad mood and he's gonna say no.
I'd ask my dad, who said to ask my mom, who said to ask my dad. Then I just did whatever I wanted and/or rage quit.
Quote by a7xb4d
It depended on the timing for me. If my dad was in a bad mood I'd ask my mom and vice versa. I hated it when they did that "Oh why don't you ask your father" bullshit though. It's like no, he's in a bad mood and he's gonna say no.

pro-tip: they dont want to put up with the bad mood of their partner because you wanted to go be a deviant
Quote by Thrashtastic15
pro-tip: they dont want to put up with the bad mood of their partner because you wanted to go be a deviant

I didn't ask often to do things.

and when I did and was denied I just annoyed my mom until she told me to do it so I'd leave her alone
Depends on what I was asking for. My dad was more prone to saying yes with regards to me leaving the house and my mom was more prone to saying yes when I wanted petty money.
I would usually just announce I'm leaving and then it was w/e. If I needed to borrow something (or need money but I only ever requested that for important stuff like school) I would normally ask my mom.

Now that I'm ****ing 18 years old they try to make me ask to go places when two years ago and I was a minor it was 'by w/e k koo'. I get interrogated when I do anything now but since it's stupid I just leave anyway and deal with the interrogation process.
"I am the master and commander of my life" - Every adolescent with a passion for predictability
My mom, mostly cuz my dad wasn't around, but also because when he was he wasn't really available to parent. Unless I did something wrong, then he was front and center.

I still live with my parents though, and sometimes it actually feels as though I have to ask permission of someone before I leave. Adulthood is out there, somewhere.
i asked my mom most of the time.

but honestly, if i had to do something, or really, really wanted to do something... I did it without asking them.

parents just hold you back, for better or for worse. In my time, for worse.
Quote by RylanThePotato
they do not give a shit cause they know I'm a square

hey just want you to know that i really like those saltine crackers and those are squares so squares can be good too you know and i think you are one of the good squares