Poll: who do you/did you feel more comfortable talking to?
Poll Options
View poll results: who do you/did you feel more comfortable talking to?
dad
4 6%
mom
17 27%
legal gaurdian
0 0%
not legal guardian
1 2%
not guardian at all
7 11%
guardians of the galaxy
11 18%
obligatory ts's mom
11 18%
other
11 18%
Voters: 62.
Page 1 of 2
Growing up or whatever, which parent/guardian/superior did you feel more comfortable talking to about your problems and such? I've been finding it's easier to talk to my dad since he's more open, but I've seen some people who are intimidated by one parent more than the other.
Honestly I felt like I couldn't really open up to either for various reasons. My father because he's an old school kind of guy so feelings and shit shouldn't matter and my mother because she would go crazy and start being irrational.

I found it easier to talk to friends about shit TBH but even still I mostly keep to myself.
whoever had the best advice for the problem.

it's only ever been minor stuff though. most of the really bad stuff i haven't sat down and had big emotional talks about. not really something that i find necessary or productive.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Honestly I felt like I couldn't really open up to either for various reasons. My father because he's an old school kind of guy so feelings and shit shouldn't matter and my mother because she would go crazy and start being irrational.

I found it easier to talk to friends about shit TBH but even still I mostly keep to myself.

Yeah same I always went to my friends to talk about stuff like this.
Probably my mom; me and my dad don't really connect, so it's always been kind of weird for me to talk to him about stuff
My mom but normally I bottle up all my 'problems' from her too. gonna go listen to linkin park.
Quote by slipknot5678
My mom but normally I bottle up all my 'problems' from her too. gonna go listen to linkin park.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW
LINGIN
MYSKIN
My older brother. Even though he's 13 years older than me, I've always have been closer to him than anyone else.
My mom mostly. But even then, I don't tell her 75% percent of my problems.

The unspoken cardinal rule in my family seems to be: Don't tell each other anything. I don't know a damn thing about my parents' and sisters' personal lives.

Drives me nuts. It's like we're a family who doesn't know how to family. Granted, we're all entitled to personal secrets and privacy, but whenever we do "talk", like at the dinner table or whatever, it's literally just bullshit small talk.

EDIT: so in regards to the poll, my option is "not legal guardian". I seek advice and/or shoulders to cry on from my friends; not my family.
Last edited by E7#9 at Nov 7, 2014,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

This
oh mate, I mean I spend a lot of time with ur mum, but we don't do a lot of talking you know
Quote by E7#9
My mom mostly. But even then, I don't tell her 75% percent of my problems.

The unspoken cardinal rule in my family seems to be: Don't tell each other anything. I don't know a damn thing about my parents' and sisters' personal lives.

Drives me nuts. It's like we're a family who doesn't know how to family. Granted, we're all entitled to personal secrets and privacy, but whenever we do "talk", like at the dinner table or whatever, it's literally just bullshit small talk.

EDIT: so in regards to the poll, my option is "not legal guardian". I seek advice and/or shoulders to cry on from my friends; not my family.

same here, but that's because i have things to hide from them i think
No one.

I've talked to my mom more than anyone but it seems like the Times I did were all misguided mistakes.
I talk to my mom about general stuff the most because our views on things have become more similar over the years. I talk to my dad when I need a second opinion or advice , like with money.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What is this "talking" you speak of? Real men just bash stuff with their fists to communicate!

Did you read that in a book sam?
i picked my mother but not really.

i mostly rely on some close friends and my cats
Neither. I'm almost 24 and still can't talk to my parents about anything emotional or serious. That's what friends are for I guess.
My mom for some things, my dad for others.

I'm an adult now so I just tell the internet.
Last edited by stratkat at Nov 7, 2014,
friends or mother for emotionally related shit

father for nearly everything else

that's changed a lot over the past few years though
My best friend, actually. My mother is too much of a mother and my father is too stuck in the past for his advice to be relevant.

EDIT: English beta 0.9 installed, many bugs fixed.
Last edited by Lord_Doku at Nov 8, 2014,
My mom kinda but I still can't talk to her about most things and my girlfriend kinda but she's like talking to a brick wall
I don't tell my parents my problems. They don't give a ****. They think im "their perfect little boy". I just tell my friends my shit, they usually help and give decent advice.

friends > parents

even though friends are short term, and family is long term.
No one. It's been ages since I've had an issue, even longer since I've felt like I needed to talk about it.

I'm a guy who enjoys his life and rarely faces negativity, AMA.
Quote by Acϵ♠
same here, but that's because i have things to hide from them i think

I had things to hide from my mom until this year.

It's a good feeling having that gone. It makes her much more accessible to me and vice versa. 10/10 would recommend.
I definitely feel more comfortable talking to my mum. When I was about six my dad started getting nicer and nicer jobs, and by the time I was probably thirteen he'd go on business trips all the time. I think there was a three month stretch where I only saw him four or five times or something, just because if he did get home, it'd be late in the night, and then he'd leave early the next morning. So through a lot of my 'development' years of being a teenager, my mum was the only one I really spoke to. Granted, I still don't talk about things to her, but if I had to, she'd be the one.
Quote by Baby Joel
oh mate, I mean I spend a lot of time with ur mum, but we don't do a lot of talking you know

Oh, BTW, she said you left your underwear there.
I would have kept them, but they are a little tight in the crotch.
Page 1 of 2