hey guys,

would like to ask if anyone here has one or has played one before.. how does it sound?

I did a quick research on the guitar, and it seems Pro Line was 1985-1986 production models of ibanez... and other than that, nothing much i could find.

i have the chance of getting one for quite a bargain... i think.... but its the proline V without a floyd rose. most of the pics online show the floyd rose.

compared to the ones on ebay, which are around $500+ ... im being offered one for around $350.... can anyone let me know any details about this guitar.. and if its worth buying it for 350 bucks?

thanks
played a few back in the day and really liked them. I'd try before I bought one to be sure it's for you. as I recall they had trems that were locking but not Floyd Roses. as for the price $350 isn't bad if it's in nice shape.
cheers dude! yeah my bad, yeah not floyd.. that floating bridge..
only issue is i wont be able to try it out coz the guy selling is in a different city than I
if the neck is anything similar to current ones then should be cool.. im more concerned with the sound of it though.. coz i can always get used to how it feels
neck won't be like newer ones so be aware of that. neck will be thicker than guitars these days. don't expect this one to be like any of the Ibanez guitars that are recent. pickups are geared more toward a classic rock sound as I recall.
will the neck be kinda like an epiphone sg? that fat c shape?
hmm.. does it sound thick though? say to compare to modern tones?
Quote by The SoundGuy
will the neck be kinda like an epiphone sg? that fat c shape?
hmm.. does it sound thick though? say to compare to modern tones?

dude I'd love to be able to answer but 1986 was a while back. I'm an old geezer so when I said back in the day I meant it. best I can remember was that the neck wasn't like a modern wizard for sure and that it sounded good at the time though gear of that time. I kinda doubt that you will get modern metal tones out of it that would match those of a modern Ibanez. the pickups from that time were pretty good as I recall. chances are that you would want better pickups though.