Hi all!

I've recently been listening to Slaughter in the Vatican and The Law, and really like the guitar tone. Does anyone know what gear they used. I saw a Marshall stack in a live video from 1992, assuming it's a JCM 800 or 900, as the more extreme JVM 410 hadn't been released then

Thanks!
I know this thread is a bit old but I know that one of the guitarists uses a EVH 5150 head for their gig in 2010. Maybe you should get yourself a 6505 combo and work from there?
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Fryderyczek
I know this thread is a bit old
Too old really, you may wanna not do this kinda stuff again.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Too old really, you may wanna not do this kinda stuff again.
Yeah, but I got excited I actually knew something about guitar gear and I had to post it.
Fly on, fly on
Wasnt Exhorder the band Pantera copied their rigs and sounds from? Meaning heavily saturated and scooped solid state amps and so on.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
Wasnt Exhorder the band Pantera copied their rigs and sounds from? Meaning heavily saturated and scooped solid state amps and so on.

Not really. While Pantera were influenced by them, the tone and gear is different. I often see people saying Pantera ripped everything off Exhorder(you know, music wise), but everything after FBD is different than the Exhorder albums. They gained their own style after CFH and VDOP imo.
Fly on, fly on
Thanks for replying guys!

Whilst analysing Exhorder's tone since I started the thread, I felt that at times it sounded like a Boss HM-2 was being used, although it sounded more like Bolt Thrower than Swedeath
Quote by supertom1
Thanks for replying guys!

Whilst analysing Exhorder's tone since I started the thread, I felt that at times it sounded like a Boss HM-2 was being used, although it sounded more like Bolt Thrower than Swedeath

Your best bet would probably be a used 6505 combo. If you live in Europe then they are piss cheap, or if you live in the US they are even cheaper.
Fly on, fly on