Page 1 of 2
Do they really take wrestling seriously in USA although everything is just fake and acting? Or do they just watch it because it's sort of funny/stupid? I mean the kind of wrestling where they dress up and stuff. Big Show is in it for example.
the woman that runs it always tries to run for senate and spends tons of money on her campaigns but she always loses because she is kind of a nitwit
they know it's fake, they like it anyway. not much weirder than reality television
Everyone knows that it's fixed and the storylines are set up. Except little kids and people from Kentucky.
Quote by captaincrunk
they know it's fake, they like it anyway. not much weirder than reality television

This. I am not a fan or anything, but is wrestling any different than any other TV? There's just more fighting and over the top storylines and such.
Quote by naedauuf
This. I am not a fan or anything, but is wrestling any different than any other TV? There's just more fighting and over the top storylines and such.

plus movies are fake too. action movies aren't real but people like to see the shooting and the explosions and the sweaty dudes looking at hot ladies.
I'd much rather watch real wrestling!

But yeah, wrestling is basically just really really really really really bad acting with half naked men.
No. The only people I've met who actually take wrestling seriously are autistic types. I don't know anyone else who even watches it.
real wrestling is pretty gay, not saying that that's a bad thing I'm just saying that I'm not gay so I'm not really into it. Fake wrestling is just stupid.
Quote by ehbacon
real wrestling is pretty gay, not saying that that's a bad thing I'm just saying that I'm not gay so I'm not really into it. Fake wrestling is just stupid.

What makes you think gay men are interested in wrestling? That's like you masturbating to two female boxers
Last edited by steve_muse at Nov 8, 2014,
Quote by steve_muse
What makes you think gay men are interested in wrestling? That's like you masturbating to two female boxers

never said they were I just said I'm not into gay things because I'm not gay. Like saying I'm a vegetarian so I don't like turkey, doesn't mean omnivores have to like it, it just means I don't.

also wrestling=/=boxing.
Quote by ehbacon
never said they were I just said I'm not into gay things because I'm not gay. Like saying I'm a vegetarian so I don't like turkey, doesn't mean omnivores have to like it, it just means I don't.

also wrestling=/=boxing.

but don't you see how, even though u say it's not a bad thing, characterising it as 'pretty gay' is nonetheless quite derogatory?
Quote by Baby Joel
everyone knows wrestling is faker than yer mum's tits tho so no one cares lol

lol

this was harsh i'm sorry
Quote by steve_muse

I got a chubby once from watching two female wrestlers.

Ah, to be fifteen again
Quote by ultimate-slash

But yeah, wrestling is basically just really really really really really bad acting with half naked men.

Is that necessarily bad?
Quote by steve_muse
but don't you see how, even though u say it's not a bad thing, characterising it as 'pretty gay' is nonetheless quite derogatory?

it's only derogatory if it's meant as an insult, which it wasn't. It's like saying "these wings are pretty hot," not saying that its bad, it's just saying that I prefer my wings mild.
Quote by ehbacon
it's only derogatory if it's meant as an insult, which it wasn't. It's like saying "these wings are pretty hot," not saying that its bad, it's just saying that I prefer my wings mild.

but I mean you're insinuating that you have to be gay to be into wrestling, that somehow straight people who observe or participate in it must be closet gays or something. Would it not be better to say you're not into jus cause u don't find it particularly interesting/entertaining

I'm not into it btw, this isn't some insecure defence lmao, and I ain't being mean either, I'm just bored :flower:
Quote by steve_muse
but I mean you're insinuating that you have to be gay to be into wrestling, that somehow straight people who observe or participate in it must be closet gays or something. Would it not be better to say you're not into jus cause u don't find it particularly interesting/entertaining

I'm not into it btw, this isn't some insecure defence lmao, and I ain't being mean either, I'm just bored :flower:

I never intended it insinuate anything. If it came across as that I'm sorry.
Most entertainment is fake.

"That Godfather movie is bullshit! Turns out it didn't even happen!"
It is, for the mst part, choreographed. However, they are actually pulling those moves on each other so actual injury occurs all the time. I is still a form of entertainment like any other, so stories, characters, and rivalries are played up.
Quote by eGraham
Is that necessarily bad?

Though I'm not a fan of wrestling itself, the things I mentioned are not bad things.

Quote by Baby Joel
this was harsh i'm sorry

I forgive you.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Nov 8, 2014,
Quote by primusfan
Most entertainment is fake.

"That Godfather movie is bullshit! Turns out it didn't even happen!"

when did you learn about the shift key
Quote by ehbacon
real wrestling is pretty gay
lies
Quote by ehbacon
I'm not gay

more lies

Do you ever say things that are true, give it a try.
Quote by ehbacon

I never intended it insinuate anything. If it came across as that I'm sorry.

If you're gonna say some shit, at least stand by it
I think it's a right of passage for children in the American Hemisphere. Mexico and the US follow that shit on a fan based level. What's supposed to happen tho is you're supposed to get older, still support wrestling, but not show as much interest in it as you did when you were younger.

If you're 35 and you still watch wresting to follow the story, you're in the same group as juggalos.
Quote by soundgarden1986
yes people in the us take this seriously

the mask and the face lol
The type of people that watch wrestling are the same type that rather have their kids shot than ban guns.
those kids wouldn't have gotten shot if they'd had a gun

and now I feel awful because as soon as I type this I hear a story about a little girl getting shot in the head while watching TV in Milwaukee.
Quote by macaroni
The type of people that watch wrestling are the same type that rather have their kids shot than ban guns.

mhm
Page 1 of 2