Page 1 of 2
Hey guys. I wanted to talk about myself. Im 20 and im ****ing sensitive as **** and by that i mean i really easily get scared by everyone. I hate screaming if someone screams at me i instantly just follow his lead because of fear which usually alot of women have and that's why i'm kinda being pushed around alot.
Yesterday i had driving course with my instructor and he was very impatient and kinda starting yelling and that made me extremly nervous and just had hear pumping because of that.

Also i have trouble saying "No" to people even to some dick people. From my looks you wouldn't tell im sensitive because im trying to hide it because im man you know. It makes me hate myself for it because you don't get respect from you parents also because fear from them or anyone in that matter that is bigger taller or older then me.

What im saying i really dont feel like a man im kinda like a women that can get easily controlled.
"women are submissive and weak" is what I got from this.

You probably have mild social anxiety. Get a different instructor.
inb4 gender roles / sexism debate

You will probably get called "human trash" by a lot of the members here too. I'm sorry man, but you've opened Pandora's box.
What im saying is im beta male instead of alpha male. I cant take in charge and also i prefer to be told what to do.
I dont feel comfortable with people that are agressive high energy people and im intimidated by alot of things
that's fair enough, I avoid confrontation and am not very masculine myself, but the wording in your first post says something very different was my point.

*whispers* but you gotta get the gains if u want to get the lady cave
Last edited by Banjocal at Nov 9, 2014,
Quote by matiss.gutans
Yesterday i had driving course with my instructor and he was very impatient and kinda starting yelling and that made me extremly nervous and just had hear pumping because of that.

I can only imagine what that was like.

"Just... just go already.
Go already.
GO ALREADY.
OMFG GO ALREADY
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP."

OT: Mmmm yeah just go into boot camp or something.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Nov 9, 2014,
Quote by matiss.gutans
What im saying is im beta male instead of alpha male. I cant take in charge and also i prefer to be told what to do.
I dont feel comfortable with people that are agressive high energy people and im intimidated by alot of things

ugh

There's no such thing as 'alpha' or 'beta' males. It's a stupid thing made up by idiots. You're just a shy person. There's nothing wrong with that.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Lol mad sexist, you're not like a woman you're just a lil bitch.

/thread
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Lol mad sexist, you're not like a woman you're just a lil bitch.

You are the sexist here, perpetuating misogyny via use of gendered insults.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

shut up lil' bitch
Quote by EndTheRapture51

trying to project your own misogynistic sexistness on someone else doesn't make you any less misogynistic or sexist
Quote by matiss.gutans

That's fair enough.

Just don't say stupid things about being submissive 'like a woman', or else tumblr will make you even more submissive for the sake of stroking their ego's.

And the concept of 'beta' and 'alpha' males is stupid
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 9, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
That's fair enough.

Just don't say stupid things about being submissive 'like a woman', or else tumblr will make you even more submissive for the sake of stroking their ego's.

And the concept of 'beta' and 'alpha' males is stupid
have you considered the possibility that gender roles and the surrounding politics are an important area of social discussion and people actually care about it?

like I don't do the whole "sjw" bullshit it being a ridiculous term and whatnot but when used as a pejorative it usually boils down to "holy shit they care about people who aren't themselves!"
Last edited by Banjocal at Nov 9, 2014,
Quote by Banjocal
have you considered the possibility that gender roles and the surrounding politics are an important area of social discussion and people actually care about it?

Yes? I was mocking the hate groups, not the people who actually want to make the world a better place, or some shit like that. I thought that was obvious.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yes? I was mocking the hate groups, not the people who actually want to make the world a better place, or some shit like that. I thought that was obvious.
Ah, I thought you were ragging on the left side of social politics in general. Apologies.
What im saying. I get scared very fast. If someone sreams at me like boss or parent to do something i just end being stuck in my mind and just do anything to make him stop agression towards me

its kinda tactic that is used for kids to make them listen to parents. You stream at them to make them vulnerable but problem is that im 20 but havent "outgrown" this
Last edited by matiss.gutans at Nov 9, 2014,
Quote by So-Cal
sorry to break it to you but you're actually an android

Way to break his confidence even further. Androids are pussier version of mandroids.
Quote by matiss.gutans
What im saying. I get scared very fast. If someone sreams at me like boss or parent to do something i just end being stuck in my mind and just do anything to make him stop agression towards me

its kinda tactic that is used for kids to make them listen to parents. You stream at them to make them vulnerable but problem is that im 20 but havent "outgrown" this

maybe you should see a psychiatrist if it's bothering you so much that you feel the need to create an account on a guitar website to let people know this about yourself

Telling us about it isn't going to do anything for you except open yourself up to ridicule and mocking, which I feel the pit rightfully has and will continue to uphold. go do basically the opposite of what you're doing right now, which is seek help instead of complain.
Well i wan't soo view of other people about this. That's all. Im not expecting to get like ****ing help or something i will probably go to psychiatrist eventually
Quote by matiss.gutans
Well i wan't soo view of other people about this. That's all. Im not expecting to get like ****ing help or something i will probably go to psychiatrist eventually

Stop being a 'probably' guy.
I wouldn't worry too much about this tbh, once you get older and gain more experience you'll become more confident and laid back. I had social anxiety and have gotten over it as I've got older.

And hey Brian Cox comes across as sensitive but he's a pretty cool guy

Look at that smile.
Quote by matiss.gutans

sure man, some people get scared easily, some people don't like spiders and some people prefer the colour green to the colour blue. There's a lot of things that don't matter.

live your life the way you wanna live it, nobody actually cares
Nah OP I understand your problem. It's tough when people speak to you angrily especially when they should be people with patience like a driving instructor. It can be very rattling especially in a tense environment like a driving lesson when you're in charge of a car.

You've just got to get over it though and try to not let things affect you. It's tough because you might just be a naturally emotional person who takes criticism to heart, but you have to condition yourself to not be bothered by that kind of stuff, because someone getting angry at you shouldn't affect you and you just have to learn not to care really.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Nah OP I understand your problem. It's tough when people speak to you angrily especially when they should be people with patience like a driving instructor. It can be very rattling especially in a tense environment like a driving lesson when you're in charge of a car.

You've just got to get over it though and try to not let things affect you. It's tough because you might just be a naturally emotional person who takes criticism to heart, but you have to condition yourself to not be bothered by that kind of stuff, because someone getting angry at you shouldn't affect you and you just have to learn not to care really.

/beta nice guy
Quote by MinterMan22
LOL

mac wants me to eat him alive

wanting to be dominated by a girl is not very alpha
Start seeing a therapist, and have her help you with some cognitive behavioral therapy/exposure response prevention. Basically, all the time, do something small that makes you scared until your brain learns that doing said small scary thing isn't really scary. Then keep moving up. It's like working out, but for your brain. Confront your insecurities and emotions head on. Be honest with yourself. If you feel like you don't like yourself, don't run away from it...face it and just keep moving forward and making progress. If you feel like you need medicine to help, there is always that option. Most progress is made on days you don't feel like doing anything. Don't wait for motivation, just face the fears you know you want to get over whenever you can.

Hope that helps a little.
Quote by The Spoon
Start seeing a therapist, and have her help you

GENDER ROLLLLEZZZZZ
Did you get yelled at a lot by your parents? For me it was my dad, though he did it like once every three months. I used to be scared, but eventually I got tired of it and instead of being scarec I got reeaaally annoyed.
Page 1 of 2