Hey guys,

I am looking into buying a new guitar and I want a hollow or semi hollow body electric. I am pretty set on buying an Epiphone Les Paul Flourentine as I own an ELP Traditional Pro and love it. However, I love Paul Languedoc's guitars especially the guitars he made for Trey Anastasio. If the PHRED guitars are quality then I would probably buy the replica Languedoc. Anyone have any experience with either of these guitars?

http://www.phredinstruments.com/product.asp?id=17&name=Ernesto%20VH%20Brown

OR

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Florentine-PRO-Hollowbody-Electric-Guitar-110592102-i3651303.gc?country=us&currency=usd&
I looked at the Phred and just by the pic's I'd pass. Anyone who puts a pic of a guitar they want you to buy and the trapiez tail piece has strings misaligned I'd be very skeptical of.

Look at the bridge and you can see what I'm talking about
Wow that is sketchy. I didn't even notice that. Hmmm that's too bad. Oh well the Florentine looks like a really nice piece
Quote by Robbgnarly
I looked at the Phred and just by the pic's I'd pass. Anyone who puts a pic of a guitar they want you to buy and the trapiez tail piece has strings misaligned I'd be very skeptical of.

Look at the bridge and you can see what I'm talking about

+1

I would go with the Epi. That messed up tail piece is veryyyy strange. Makes me question quality control if they post a photo with it messed up!
I'm sure not all of them are gonna have issues, but when the guitar pictured on your site is F-d up makes me wary. Especially when they claim all the setups/inspection are done in the USA
Yeah I think I will just go with the Epi. Well known company and I already love my Trad Pro. Thanks for the input guys!
Hard to say which would be better. They both are pretty good guitars from what I can tell. The Epiphone Probucker pickups would be the deciding factor in going with the Florentine personally.

I guess my answer would be "whichever one you like the looks of better...or whichever plays better if you can try both"
I don't like the control location on the Phred. The one knob is directly in the strumming arc. I have an Ibanez ART with that control location. Every time I try to play it, I shut the volume off on the bridge pickup.

That trapeze tailpiece does look ratty. In addition to having the one string hole off center, it's ugly to boot. Strangely, the guitar has chrome hardware, and the tailpiece looks like it's made of black plastic

I can see the attraction to the guitar, as the shape is far less common than a Les Paul, but there is something to be said for tradition. Epiphone has to have better product backing than some random start up or unknown OEM.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Nov 11, 2014,
Yeah I agree. I just love those Languadocs, wish I could afford a real one. Anyways, I went to guitar center and tried a Florentine. It is actually a really solid piece! It's tone sounded amazing and the quality is actually really good. I think I will be buying a Florentine as soon as I can.