I didn't think this fit in the pedalboard thread since that seems to be more geared for talking about pedals themselves, but I apologize in advance if anyone has a problem with this.

I'm looking to buy a pedalboard in a few months. I do not have the luxury of making one because I don't have access to woodworking tools, and my skills with woodworking are pretty sad.

My issue right now is that I'm not sure what to buy. I am a gigging musician, so I need a study pedalboard as well as a case that will hold up. I'm running 5 pedals right now. My largest pedal is a Full-Drive 2 Mosfet, which is like 2 pedals. For measurements and sizes, I'm running "6" pedals. I have no idea if I will be adding on any time soon or not.

I also have an MXR DC Brick (silver, not the black dunlop), so I don't need a powered pedalboard.

I am looking at this one. It seems pretty straight forward, but I know that the quality on Road Runner stuff isn't always that great.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/road-runner-pedalboard-all-in-1-gig-bag

And then this one, though some people say it doesn't stay together and it's cheaply made:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/gator-gpt-pedal-tote-pedalboard-with-carry-bag

And then there's not a lot of middle ground for anything sizeable. I am also looking at this one:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/pedaltrain-pt-jr-pedalboard-with-softshell-gig-bag

At this point, I think anything else would be too big. I also don't think I need a hardshell case yet. I'm open to any other suggestions around $100. Thanks!
Scour ebay and Craigslist for a used pedaltrain. I got a great deal on mine this way.
They're not exactly hard to make yourself. All you need is rudimentary woodworking skills and a place to do it.
Quote by metalmingee
Scour ebay and Craigslist for a used pedaltrain. I got a great deal on mine this way.

I just took a look at my craigslist for one. The pickings are slim, but I'll keep looking. Not sure why I didn't think of that!
The gators powersupply is pretty shitty. Its a 1 spot with a shorter cord and the adapter is frail as hell. As a case its not terrible but you can do a hell of a lot better.
IMO i f you plan on running 6 pedals, get something that will comfortably it 8. i have built four boards (with basic wood working tools, table saw miter saw drill/driver and a router to make it look more clean)

but if you have a saw and a drill you are fine.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
IMO i f you plan on running 6 pedals, get something that will comfortably it 8. i have built four boards (with basic wood working tools, table saw miter saw drill/driver and a router to make it look more clean)

but if you have a saw and a drill you are fine.

+1

A plank of wood and some velcro is all you really need
I used a bookshelf and a keyboard case for a year or so before finally getting a pedaltrain. If you're getting a pedaltrain I'd say get a PT-2 as you will likely be adding to it, rather than having a cramped pt-jr.
Anybody got the link to that DIY Ikea board or whatever it was? I'm sure somebody will know what I am talking about. Converted a shelf or something. Come on, somebody knows what I'm talking about.
All you need if you build a bare bones board is a luggage bag the right size. Hunt around the op shops and computer stores, sports stores. Anywhere that sells bags really. Take a tape measure with you, you'll find something good that will fit.
not the ikea one, but this one is simple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTJne9GQMtw

building a pedalboard is a fun and fairly simple task. you just need some sawing skills, glue, velcro, and imagination. any dj bag should work nicely for carrying it around. in the end, if you have some wood panels(like an old shelf or somethng) or 2x4s lying around, this would all end up costing pocket change.
Quote by Cathbard
Anybody got the link to that DIY Ikea board or whatever it was? I'm sure somebody will know what I am talking about. Converted a shelf or something. Come on, somebody knows what I'm talking about.
All you need if you build a bare bones board is a luggage bag the right size. Hunt around the op shops and computer stores, sports stores. Anywhere that sells bags really. Take a tape measure with you, you'll find something good that will fit.

The Ikea GORM pedal board - you just buy a "Gorm" shelf from Ikea, move the slats apart a bit so your cables fit between the slats, paint it and stick on some velcro and you're away. Here's one someone else made earlier:
http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-29/1679615-/page16
I have never seen the gorm idea before. That's pretty freakin' sweet. If only Ikea wasn't 4 hours away on the other side of Houston I'd do that like right now!
With the pedal train styles, where do you keep your power supplies? On the board, hidden underneath, etc?

I built my own board, most of the power supply chords are underneath the board, connected to a strip on the front of the board.
Quote by JBailey23
I have never seen the gorm idea before. That's pretty freakin' sweet. If only Ikea wasn't 4 hours away on the other side of Houston I'd do that like right now!

You telling me that you couldn't make the same thing with timber and screws from a hardware store? Seriously?
Quote by nick.culliton
I didn't think this fit in the pedalboard thread since that seems to be more geared for talking about pedals themselves, but I apologize in advance if anyone has a problem with this.

I'm looking to buy a pedalboard in a few months. I do not have the luxury of making one because I don't have access to woodworking tools, and my skills with woodworking are pretty sad.

My issue right now is that I'm not sure what to buy. I am a gigging musician, so I need a study pedalboard as well as a case that will hold up. I'm running 5 pedals right now. My largest pedal is a Full-Drive 2 Mosfet, which is like 2 pedals. For measurements and sizes, I'm running "6" pedals. I have no idea if I will be adding on any time soon or not.

I also have an MXR DC Brick (silver, not the black dunlop), so I don't need a powered pedalboard.

I am looking at this one. It seems pretty straight forward, but I know that the quality on Road Runner stuff isn't always that great.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/road-runner-pedalboard-all-in-1-gig-bag

And then this one, though some people say it doesn't stay together and it's cheaply made:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/gator-gpt-pedal-tote-pedalboard-with-carry-bag

And then there's not a lot of middle ground for anything sizeable. I am also looking at this one:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/pedaltrain-pt-jr-pedalboard-with-softshell-gig-bag

At this point, I think anything else would be too big. I also don't think I need a hardshell case yet. I'm open to any other suggestions around $100. Thanks!

I sat and waited, waited waited, and found myself a pedal train 1 WITH HSC for $101 off of musicians friend. Couldn't be happier. Make sure you have the realestate to be able to expand if you need to. Otherwise you could just be wasting a purchase.

Sit and wait, check local listings and ebay/amazon.
Quote by Will Lane
With the pedal train styles, where do you keep your power supplies? On the board, hidden underneath, etc?

I built my own board, most of the power supply chords are underneath the board, connected to a strip on the front of the board.

They come with mounting hardware to mount it under the board
I have a couple of the Gator GPT boards. They're solid and sturdy.

The Pedaltrain is definitely a nicer package though. I really dislike how the Gator and a lot of homemade/cheaper boards don't have slats, so you cant run your wiring underneath. It looks really cluttered and ugly.

This is pretty much my board right now, it's a GPT Pro. It looks ugly as hell because I can't really do much to clean it up.
Quote by Offworld92
I have a couple of the Gator GPT boards. They're solid and sturdy.

The Pedaltrain is definitely a nicer package though. I really dislike how the Gator and a lot of homemade/cheaper boards don't have slats, so you cant run your wiring underneath. It looks really cluttered and ugly.

This is pretty much my board right now, it's a GPT Pro. It looks ugly as hell because I can't really do much to clean it up. -picture-

JEEZ calm down. Maybe wind up your excess cables and tie them together?