I'm a long time VH fan and the first VH album is what really inspired me to pick up guitar. With that that being said though I was never really interested in buying his guitars before. I decided to get one of these for the hell of it.

The first one I got (featured in the video) had a dark blemish on the back of the neck so I took it back and they ordered me a new one. Just got it a couple days ago and this one is flawless.

I love feel of the neck so I'm really happy it looks as good as it feels now. The unfinished neck is quickly becoming one of my favs to play.

The only real complaint I have is the factory set up. Now I know pretty much every new guitar from the factory needs a setup but the way they set the Floyd up you can't really use the Dtuna lol.

Its a little hard to make out but the Dtuna is resting on the body of the guitar so it makes it really hard to pull it out to drop to D. I have to use the bar to dip the trem a bit then pull it out.

Doesn't make sense to me why they do that. Any way the place where I got it does a free set up so I'll take it to them.

Its a pretty bare bones guitar but it plays great and sounds great to me. I'm happy with the purchase, I'll probably pick up the Black and white one used at some point. I mostly play ITB these days and don't get a chance to blast an amp very often.

Here it is in action

http://youtu.be/AxxckXr0PCA
Super-cool! HNGD!

I have GAS for one of these right now. The price and features are just right.
excellent

yeah that's weird about the d-tuna, you'd really want the floyd decked and level to use it properly.

killer clip and playing too you really nailed the evh vibe and tone there
nice. wish they'd do one with a standard trem like on the 1st album or even better the version from VH 2
Quote by HomerSGR
Super-cool! HNGD!

I have GAS for one of these right now. The price and features are just right.

I can't figure out what HNGD or GAS means lol

Quote by Dave_Mc
excellent

yeah that's weird about the d-tuna, you'd really want the floyd decked and level to use it properly.

killer clip and playing too you really nailed the evh vibe and tone there

Thanks a lot!

Quote by monwobobbo
nice. wish they'd do one with a standard trem like on the 1st album or even better the version from VH 2

Yeah that could be cool.
Quote by mogo22
I can't figure out what HNGD or GAS means lol

Thanks a lot!

Yeah that could be cool.

Happy New Guitar Day and Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.

Awesome guitar, and awesome playing man!
HNGD!

I've got the GAS for the black and white one of these, or a Fender Lacquer Jazzmaster (if it's ever released).
Quote by Nickpocalypse
Happy New Guitar Day and Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.

Awesome guitar, and awesome playing man!

Ahh, thanks!

Quote by kangaxxter
HNGD!

I've got the GAS for the black and white one of these, or a Fender Lacquer Jazzmaster (if it's ever released).

Thanks to Nickpocalypse I now know what you just said . I got the GAS for the B/W one already lol. I'm going to buy a used one off Ebay at some point in the 6-750 range.
HNGD! Great playing and tone as well.

Now throw it under a moving bus, route out holes for two single coil pickups and put one in the top hole (but don't wire it) and use a broken record as a pickguard. I see your volume knob is actually labelled as tone, so good start.
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 9, 2014,
There's one on ebay now where some one did some of the mods. Or maybe I can just spend the 10000 + on an official replica.
Were they able to get the bridge flush and parallel for you? I bought one of these which came in yesterday, been playing with it for a couple hours to get it level but run into fret buzz when the bridge plate is flush to the body. Also having issues with the strings going significantly out of tune when using the bar. The screws for the locking nut through the neck are too long, so I am going to shim them with washers, don't think the locking nuts are making contact with a G and B strings. Damn good playing on Panama!

For anyone interested in these guitars, they play far better than I expected, tone is great and action is lightning fast.
im not a fan of fenders as a whole, but they have a great custom shop. if its worth the price or not is one thing, but ive picked up and played a lot of EVH or fender customs guitars and they are all pretty awesome.

the Jackson custom shops, charvel etc are all on that level. great stuff.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Just as an fyi if anyone wondering reads this thread:

Made a few more adjustments, added a 3rd spring, and put washers on the nut screws so they can actually lock down. It is staying in tune almost perfect now. Little bit of fret buzz at upper frets, but not enough to matter when amped up. This maple fretboard gets dirty quick! I kinda like it though, gives it some of that Franky character.
I wonder why they did not start producing these official, affordable Frankenstrats a decade ago. HNGD, I've GASsed for these babies!
I wanted one of those a while back but never pulled the trigger on one. She sounds nice man. Good tone you got there!