I want opinions about signature bridge pickup tones.
I know - opinions, right? But I'm curious about what everyone here might think.

I've heard people talk about the neck pickup on Les Pauls and the in-between positions on Strats but I can't recall hearing anyone talk about legendary bridge tones. I'm sure there's got to be at least a few, right? What are the signature bridge pickup tones? Or what is your favorite?
Anything EVH ever played. Most of the guitar during his mega touring phase only had a bridge pickup.

Clapton woman tone- LP bridge PU, tone rolled off

Dick Dale- Bridge pickup with amp dimed

John 5 shred- Bridge HB Tele

A couple thousand more...
Neck and middle pup tones are more "legendary," or at least get talked about more, by the simple fact that they're rarer. In rock and metal, 99% of the time, any riff you're hearing is on the bridge pickup. There's no real legendary bridge pup tone, there's just legendary tones that happen to have been on the bridge pickup.
Jerry Cantrell's signature G&L Rampage has only a bridge HB, so I'm guessing a bit of his tone comes from the bridge.
Quote by Seref
Neck and middle pup tones are more "legendary," or at least get talked about more, by the simple fact that they're rarer. In rock and metal, 99% of the time, any riff you're hearing is on the bridge pickup. There's no real legendary bridge pup tone, there's just legendary tones that happen to have been on the bridge pickup.

I didnt know that. i heard people talking about neck pickup tones and i kinda assumed that artists use the neck pickup more often. i - uh - pretty much just leave it on the neck all the time myself. So far anyways.

Although i thought i did remember that EVH used a paf in the bridge. But that's about the extent of it for me.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll be doing some research tonight.
virtually everything is bridge (that's an exaggeration, obviously) so that's probably why. at least virtually everything which is heavily distorted.

ninjaed by seref. that's a 15 hour ninja. well played.