Page 1 of 4
tournament bracket is up

old thread here for friend codes: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1660807
Okay, since we have an odd number of fighters, the first round will have to consist of 5 matches with two players each. But that's only ten fighters.

We have 13 fighters in this tournament. The other three not included in the first round will secure advance spots in the second round. Observe:

Matches A-E are the first round with the first ten fighters. Matches F, H, and I will have the winners from A, D, and E, respectively, fighting the three players who have earned their advance spots.

So, how do you secure an advance spot?

From now until tonight (that's midnight CST) you have an opportunity to post photographic evidence of your Endless Smash high score.

The three fighters with the highest Endless Smash score will automatically advance to round 2, the rest of the players will start from round 1.

After that, the brackets will be constructed and the first round will begin tomorrow.

This is also the thread for making bets, but obviously, you can't bet until the brackets are posted, unless you've already stated you're betting for or against a player the entire way (ie, jwib and erik).

So, again, all contestants who wish to automatically advance to round 2 should post their Endless Smash high scores by midnight.
Please reread the rules for the matches:
- Three rounds. Two lives. No items. Not even the Smash Ball.

- Every stage must be played in the Omega form (where you press X before selecting the stage and it comes out as a flat platform with no environmental interference)

- If the matches don't follow these rules, the results are invalid. If you cannot provide valid results by the deadline of each round, ur fkd.

- BOTH participants of each match must report back with the results of the match, both stating who won and who lost.

- Each contestant is also responsible for reporting their KOs, Falls, Self Destructs, and Smash Attacks for each match. These results will be totaled for each player at the end of the tournament. This is optional, but it may help you attain BAN IMMUNITY. In order for results to not be skewed, all three matches must be played.

- Players who are eliminated will receive a ban AT THE END of the tournament, however, BAN IMMUNITY is also available for those who excel in each of the above listed categories.

- Ban lengths are proportional to the round of the tournament. The stakes get higher as you inch closer to victory. If we play double elimination, the loser rounds carry extra penalty. However, every player with one loss still has a chance to rise back up to victory. One loss is not the end of the road.

- Players who rank first, second, or third will be exempt from bans, obviously. If we do double elimination, something similar may apply to the participants in the losers rounds.

- Forfeitures will result in a 10 day ban unless you have a good excuse.
I'm adding an old rule to this one that I forgot to mention earlier. If two players agree on a time and one player fails to show up, they must reschedule. You guys can reschedule as many times as needed, but if the deadline ends up passing and results aren't obtained, it is the player who was missing from the latest attempt who will take a loss and the one who was present who will advance.

Again, the rules for betting:
You can bet on every round of every match.

If you bet correctly and your predictions come true, you'll earn a point in the better's rankings. If you bet wrong, you get banned for about twelve hours for each wrong guess for up to three guesses. Meaning you'll never be banned for more than a day and a half per each round.

FIRST ROUND

Match A: TwinkyFist vs That Old Geezer

Match B: Eccentric Moose vs Shotgunmerc

Match C: Cardbored vs DimebagLivesOn

Match D: Archangels vs Muffinduck01

Match E: Fisheth24 vs imdeth

As you can see in the link above, round O between the losers of B and C also take place during round 1. This match will have to take place before match Q in round 2.

CURRENT BETS:

none yet.

Smash on, folks! Results are due by Sunday. If everyone gets them in early, we'll go to round 2 early.
Who will I be playing? (found my DS now)

Will upload picture in a bit. No access to a pc right now so using my Wii U to post

*will resize*

INB4 clean ur screen

Last edited by Fisheth24 at Nov 10, 2014,
Quote by Fisheth24
Who will I be playing?
That'll be determined tonight after the second round advance spots are figured out. Right now since you and rockford are the only ones who have submitted scores, it seems like both of you are gonna be starting in the second round.

edit: my entry for now, I'll change it if I can do better

Can I request to be in the first round?

Edit:

Last edited by archangels at Nov 10, 2014,
Quote by Rockford_rocks
I got 252, could probably do better but the mode bored me quickly. I'll upload the pic later
better hurry with that
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
What do I get for winning the betters point thing?
haven't figured it out yet
Quote by archangels
Can I request to be in the first round?
spots look like they've filled up by now
Quote by nashawa
mother****er are you serious

part of me thinks you were still going strong but decided to hop off a ledge right when you hit 232
aw heck i hate fighting yoshi

anyway i'm gonna go make the brackets before i fall asleep, we've got three people to fill the second round.

I'll post back when the brackets are up.
Lol Yoshi is one of my mains but that score was pretty easy to obtain with him

I don't even care if someone wants to clutch out a score higher than mine in 10 minutes if I reveal my technique, I seriously just camped on the top platform til they came to me then ground pounded all of them over and over
Damn I was about to join this but I thought that almost no one else would join so I didn't bother.
Quote by Rockford_rocks

Are you shitting me

Are you actually shitting me

The exact same score with the exact same character

And this isn't like I just happened to do this, this was my high score from a little bit ago

The **** man

Welp, looks like the 232s need to duke it out for the bye

Edit: Or not lol
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Nov 11, 2014,
oh man if you'd have posted that like fifteen minutes earlier, before I said I'd start making the bracket, you would have been in round 2 from the start
Quote by Amuro Jay
oh man if you'd have posted that like fifteen minutes earlier, before I said I'd start making the bracket, you would have been in round 2 from the start

But I just got home from school

Plus the OP said 12 CST, that's not for another 45 minutes
Last edited by Shotgunmerc at Nov 11, 2014,
Sorry bud. I already hit the green start button on the tournament page and can't edit the bracket :/

On the bright side I don't think you'll have trouble making it into the second round without a strike.

edit:
Quote by Shotgunmerc
Plus the OP said 12 CST, that's not for another 45 minutes

OOPS i was reading the UG clock instead of my computer clock again

oh thank god i have another hour to do homework
Fineeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hey Eccentric Moose let's figure out a time to get these matches done because someone doesn't know how to tell time

EDIT: if you happen to see this, for your reference I'm in EST. Wednesday and Saturday aren't good days for me this week, Thursday night I can't do, but otherwise I'm fairly open.
Last edited by Shotgunmerc at Nov 11, 2014,
Looks like I'm playing Imdeth and going out in the first round

And I didn't add everyone in that last thread either, so I'm hoping he comes in here and tells me his FC
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Nov 11, 2014,
I plan on getting a wii U soon.

I'm putting money on myself if we do a wii u one and I partake. If I'm on reflex enhancing amphetamines, bet on me, if I'm drunk, bet on me.
Quote by Fisheth24

And I didn't add everyone in that last thread either, so I'm hoping he comes in here and tells me his FC

Well, since it's double elimination you won't be out in the first round. If you do lose to him, you'll be playing in match S in round 2. If you lose that one, you're out, but if you win, you advance to match U.

Also I'll link to the old thread in the OP so you can get friend codes.
Quote by Fisheth24

Added you. I see you're in EU so play times shouldn't be a problem. I'd be up for playing tonight if you're down.

4296-2973-0357
Quote by imdeth
Added you. I see you're in EU so play times shouldn't be a problem. I'd be up for playing tonight if you're down.

4296-2973-0357

You're a UKer too? Awesome, I'm up for a game anytime before seven tonight, got a band rehersal, same story on Wedensday, but thursday onwards I'm free!
Quote by Fisheth24
You're a UKer too? Awesome, I'm up for a game anytime before seven tonight, got a band rehersal, same story on Wedensday, but thursday onwards I'm free!

About 5ish then?
Arch, what times would be best for you to play?

I usually get home from work around 6 EST, so sometime after that would be best for me.
Perfect. I get home about 7:30 EST. Can we plan for like 8:30 so I have some time to get settled in?

What's your IGN? I think I've already added you, but I have so many friends on this thing that I can't keep track.
Quote by Shotgunmerc

EDIT: if you happen to see this, for your reference I'm in EST. Wednesday and Saturday aren't good days for me this week, Thursday night I can't do, but otherwise I'm fairly open.

Are you up for doing it today? I'm in GMT but I don't mind staying up a bit later if it's needed.
Quote by Eccentric Moose
Are you up for doing it today? I'm in GMT but I don't mind staying up a bit later if it's needed.

Possibly. I may get called into work from 2-7 my time (which means I get home 1230 your time I think?) but otherwise I'm free
Just a word of warning to everyone involved. I'm currently having issues connecting to the SSB servers as of 3:10PM GMT.

Good luck to all though:

(I really need to play you Shotgunmerc)
I'm free for the rest of the day

Edit: And for the rest of the week from 16:00 onward (GMT +1), with the exception of friday evening and saturday morning.
Last edited by Eccentric Moose at Nov 11, 2014,
Are you around Imdeth?

Close, but lost. GG

*gonna edit the things in a bit*

Round one

Lost

KO's 1

Falls: 2

SD's: None

Smash Attacks: 24

(Also have a reply for proof)

Round 2

Lost:

Falls 2

Ko's 1

SD's none

Smash attacks 20
Round 3

Won

KO's 2

Falls 1

SD's 0

Smash attacks: 20
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Nov 11, 2014,
GGs.

I confirm the information he has given. Only recorded my smash attacks on the last round as I didn't realize I had to simply scroll down to find them

8 smashes on the 3rd round.
Last edited by imdeth at Nov 11, 2014,
Quote by imdeth
It's three games Fish. Another two to go yet.

And I confirm the information he has given. Didn't record my own smashes though, any penalty for that?

My bad sorry, I'll come back in! I thought it was one!
Quote by archangels
Perfect. I get home about 7:30 EST. Can we plan for like 8:30 so I have some time to get settled in?

What's your IGN? I think I've already added you, but I have so many friends on this thing that I can't keep track.

Cool, I can do that.

Ign is just Dave, but my Mii has long hair and glasses, just in case you have another dave on your friends list.
Page 1 of 4