Hey all,

I had a huge flood at my house a couple months back, so unfortunately my amp and a few pedals were pooched. It wasn't like, sitting water, so fortunately they weren't soaked or floating or anything, so I THINK my guitars survived, specially cause they were in a different room than my gear. I'm just curious if there's something aside from the ol' eye test I should be looking for. (a completely untrained eye test at that haha)

My acoustics were fine, so it's just electrics I'm worried about. They were sitting on a 5-guitar stand, and the best way to describe it would be that they were "rained" on for a few hours at least. Again, it wasn't pooled up or anything, so I'm kind of hoping they'll be fine, but figured I"d ask.

With everything else in the house goin nuts, the guitars have kind of taken a backseat until now, but should hopefully be able to focus on them now. I brought my main guitar with me while we are out of the house, and it seems fine to me. It's stays in tune just fine, though I haven't plugged any of them in, so that's an obvious step one. Is there anything else I should look for?
I had a LP that was stolen and left out in the rain. That was in 2002, the guitar still functions just fine years later with all the same electronics
Depends on the guitar's finish and many other factors... I'd take it apart as much as you can and just let it sit in a dry environment for a few days to a week, then assemble again. Do they work alright?
Quote by Tim the Rocker
Depends on the guitar's finish and many other factors... I'd take it apart as much as you can and just let it sit in a dry environment for a few days to a week, then assemble again. Do they work alright?

+1