Hello,

Checked Hagstrom's website, MF, Guitar Center, google searches, no place seems to have the depth of the neck on these guitars. Any owners care to enlighten me please?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these Hagström reissues has been made in different factories in both China and Indonesia. I would guess that means that there are considerable variations in the final product, and it isn't possible to give an exact measurement in the specifications. Very few manufacturers do this, and with good reason.

My experience: Hagström necks are very thin, and have a flat profile.
My point still stands.

Most manufacturers have considerable variations even within the same facility. My 2013 PRS SE has a thinner neck than my friend's 2012, even though they're the same model and same specification neck - wide thin. Both made in Korea at World Musical Instruments. Nothing strange with that, really.

It is a well known truth of manufacturing. You can't get everything exactly the same - and especially not with something like neck shape and neck thickness of guitars, which is a work mostly done by hand. It could depend on the worker at the station the particular day that the guitar is made.

No manufacturer wants to paint themselves into a corner by having to make sure that something like this is exactly to specifications all the time. It would be a pain if they were forced to change something in the process. They specify something like thin or fat and rounded and whatever and then that is it.
Quote by HomerSGR

It is a well known truth of manufacturing. You can't get everything exactly the same - and especially not with something like neck shape and neck thickness of guitars, which is a work mostly done by hand.

And yet other manufacturers (like Agile, Taylor, Carvin) are able to specify the depth at the first fret and at the 12th fret on their guitars. And near as I can tell, they're pretty much on the money, though I have one that was off half a millimeter at the 12th fret.

The "well known truth of manufacturing" went out with production lines that are capable of tolerances that microtome a human hair came in. Seriously, think about the circuit makeup of the most ordinary smartphone and then tell me that "you can't get everything exactly the same."

Have one of the companies that sell them grab a digital caliper and measure the silly thing.
Last edited by dspellman at Nov 11, 2014,
Even if I can't get an exact specific, can anyone give me a idea? Such as Ibanez Wizard thin? Or thicker than that?