Sorry if this in the wrong place, just started on the forums.

So I currently have a roland cube amp 5 watt, and a fender mexican made HH, it has all kinds of problems and I just need a new electric guitar. My budget is $1500-2000
also only interested in 6 strings atm, thin neck would be preferable, with low action.

I would still classify myself as a beginner only been playing for 3 years.

I am interested in playing thrash/death metal and soft indie, looking for an amp that is easy to use, I am terrible at built in effects.
Where I live I have no access to a music store, therefor I can't test gear, also to import amps is really expensive.
Last edited by Trivial_Pursuit at Nov 11, 2014,
You didn't give much information, but you can get an used Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, a cabinet with Celestion V30 speaker(s), a Digitech Bad Monkey and a Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24 or SE 245.
That will do what you want.
^that sounds like a pretty good recommendation to me if you can get it within budget. I've got the DSL and an orange 2x12 cab with V30s and it'll definitely pull off the sounds you're after. PRS might be a bit mismatched for indie stuff, but it'll be close enough.
The JCM DSL is different than the New DSLH. The JCM DSL is way better in my opinion.
Quote by The Judist
PRS SE Custom 24 + ENGL Thunder
if you ask me

hey thanks this helped a lot.

I have looked into this and it works at around $1800 and so far is my only option, the other options come to at least $2800 due to where I lvie.
Thank you so much that actually helps so much, I don't want to ask stupid questions and be annoying, but is it an easy amp to use? I had quite a bit of trouble while testing a friends peavy vypyr
Quote by Trivial_Pursuit
Thank you so much that actually helps so much, I don't want to ask stupid questions and be annoying, but is it an easy amp to use? I had quite a bit of trouble while testing a friends peavy vypyr

Yes it is a 3 channel amp and every channel is separate. Now one great thing about it is each channel is actually a removable unit. it is all tube and you can get modules that sound like any amp you would want.
http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=modifications