Hello Friends,
I`m looking for upgrade my sound.

I`ve got guitar: Ibanez 2620RG with passive pickups and Tube amp: JET CITY JCA100HDM with HB 2x12 V30.

add1.
Jet city got 2 channel. I would like to during my attempts to listen clearly my solos. So, i bought Digitech CM-2. This effect added more noise than a juicy sound.
it is also a fact that I do not like switching two footswitch at this same time.

What you recomend to highlight of my solos?

add2.

My clean channel sounds pretty poor. Jet City doasn`t got any reverb. What you recoment from special effects?

add3.
Maybe i should change my amp? For example. IRT 60h? I rly like power of lead channel, but Jet City got 2 channels only and poor clean. I want to play rock music like RATM or
Sounds like you need a volume boost/line boost pedal for your solo's.

Isn't the CM2 an overdrive? If so try rolling the gain back a bit to a lower amount, turn the volume up on your OD pedal but the gain off/low. Might help.

It also sounds like you might want to pickup a noise gate of some description too.
1. a GFS greenie or a digitech bad monkey, or a plain and simple boost, say the xvex super hard on.

2. an alesis quadraverb 2

3. nah, the JCA is pretty good.
But then again, not knowing what you want to play we can't know for sure.
the cm2 should work. it's not just as compressed as a tubescreamer or sd1, but it should work ok as a boost.

how are you setting it?

i use a hardwire reverb which seems pretty decent (and it works in the jet city's loop, not all pedals do), but i don't have much experience with reverb pedals.
the cm2 should work. it's not just as compressed as a tubescreamer or sd1, but it should work ok as a boost.

how are you setting it?

Gain 7clock, level 15 clock, bass 11 clock, treble 13clock, classic mode.

Can u recomend me some settings?
Should turn on that od all the time?

Digitech Reverb is ok, alesis is godlike, but how can i switch all of that effects at this same time? I mean OD, Reverb, any others?
^ what clock are you using for measurements?

Settings may include gain very low and volume very high, EQ emphasizing the bass more than the highs, or mid gain and still a lot of volume with EQ to taste.

If you want it to boost solo's, then just turn it on when soloing.

Alesis doesn't really make great (life like or better sounding) reverbs, try lexicon if they are a concern more than the rest.
To turn much stuff on and off at the same time you would need a midi controller, say a behringer FCB1010.
Alesis don't make good reverbs? Are you out of your mind? Not bagging Lexicon of course, but Alesis made their name with reverb. Gary Moore used a Quadraverb on Still Got The Blues; best blues tone of all time and Alesis is providing the ambience. You seriously going to sit there and say Alesis don't make great reverb? Seriously?
Quote by Cathbard
Not bagging Lexicon of course, but Alesis made their name with reverb.
The XT had that much success because at the time it didn't sound bad compared to what was commonly found around, and it cost less than anything else anybody made then.

Alesis became somebody with the XT, the HR-16 and the 3630, but it really became Alesis with the ADAT.
Quote by Cathbard
Gary Moore used a Quadraverb on Still Got The Blues; best blues tone of all time and Alesis is providing the ambience.
To date, people praise jimmy page's tone, and he was using these crappy silvertone amps.

Also the fact that the most famous users of the thing were guitarists doesn't really militate in favor of it's sound quality
Quote by Cathbard
You seriously going to sit there and say Alesis don't make great reverb? Seriously?
Not me alone - talk to whatever audio engineer.

I remember a story from this guy, which more or less was about he hating the quadraverb 'cause of all the SPX90 were always like "here's a nickel, kid, get a real reverb."

Usable for stuff, definitely, and I would use one for my guitar rig, definitely, but a great reverb is another thing, especially considering what you can get nowadays for real cheap.
Quote by Lucky1777
Gain 7clock, level 15 clock, bass 11 clock, treble 13clock, classic mode.

Can u recomend me some settings?
Should turn on that od all the time?

Thanks. those settings are pretty much fine and should work just fine as a boost.

If you want to make it sound closer to a tubescreamer, maybe turn the level down slightly (it has a fair bit more level boost available on tap than a tubescreamer), turn the bass down a little (about 10 o'clock maybe) and turn the treble down to about 10-11 o'clock too.

that's from memory, those settings might not be exact. but that's more or less where I had it set (i think) when I was seeing how close I could get to the tubescreamer thing (I had a joyo TS clone right next to it). it wasn't exactly the same, but it was pretty close.

EDIT: it's up to you whether you leave it on all the time- you can leave it on all the time if you prefer the tone that way, or like spambot says, you can just turn it on for solos. For being on all the time, your original settings would likely be better than my tubescreamer-ish settings, since it's a bit more transparent when set the way you do it.

Quote by Spambot_2
^ what clock are you using for measurements?

24 hour clock?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 12, 2014,
You do realise that I was a working musician when the Quadraverb was released don't you, Spambot? I was ****ing there, it isn't some item of history to me. I bought one when it first came out and I still have it. The Quadraverb was what made Alesis famous.
Quote by Cathbard
The Quadraverb was what made Alesis famous.
In Australia maybe.

Yeah I kinda figured you were there when the thing came out.
So?

I understand history's told by winners, or in this case the ones who write history books, but look at whatever summary of the Alesis history and notice they'll mention the XT and ADAT for sure, possibly the HR-16 and the 3630, and the rest usually gets left out.

Then again, behringer is famous but I can only think about a couple of their products who don't sound like shit, and I'm convinced whatever they made that made them famous didn't sound particularly good.

Again, usable for stuff, definitely, and I would use one for my guitar rig, definitely, but a great reverb is another thing, especially considering what you can get nowadays for real cheap.
You're so full of shit that it's a surprise the EPA aren't knocking on your door.