English
13 15%
History
28 33%
Lunch
16 19%
Voters: 85.
Page 1 of 3
I've seen a lot of threads about school recently, so I decided to make one myself. The question is pretty straight forward: what is/was your favourite subject in school and why? Mine was math because I love to work with numbers and to solve problems.
For high school, I had great teachers for English and economics.

For college, there are so many...

Advanced counterpoint, personal/business taxation, tonal harmony, music history, advanced orchestral sequencing, and private studies for composition/film scoring. All a combination of great teachers and awesome subjects.
where the **** is computers you noob

i had computer class back in grade school and its the only reason i lived through it
Quote by behind_you
where the **** is computers you noob

i had computer class back in grade school and its the only reason i lived through it

I was just going for general subjects.
Quote by Xiaoxi
For high school, I had great teachers for English and economics.

For college, there are so many...

Advanced counterpoint, personal/business taxation, tonal harmony, music history, advanced orchestral sequencing, and private studies for composition/film scoring. All a combination of great teachers and awesome subjects.

Mrs. Finn n Mrs. Poeppel
Science seeing as its what I am trying to do for a living now.

But I also loved History because it was so interesting and I love looking at the cause and effect of things.
Subject i was best at was maths

But the lesson i loved the most was P.E with Ms Robinson she was proper moist
science. especially physics.

wanted to do physics in college but it was oversubscribed. annoying thing is most people couldn't hack physics but chose it as they couldn't get chemistry or biology and wanted to go into medicine degrees so they figured physics was the next best alternative. most of those jerks dropped it by the 2nd term, and I figured it'd be too much work to switch a subject over to it by then. If it wasn't for all of that I'd prob have done a physics degree instead of a business one and had a different career path but eh, past and regrets and whatever moving on, etc.
lunch.

i struggled a lot with school and i still do. never liked any subject. it all made me feel stupid.
Math.

Even though it's the subject I have the most difficulty with, I find it by far the most interesting, as it's just pure logic.

Anyone else doing higher level math in the IB?
english, cause im really good at writing stories and essays.

psychology was the most interesting subject for me though.

physics was really fun, even though it was hard for me

math sucked, i was bad at it and i always had the worst teachers.
I liked everything except Geometry in 8th grade and physics in high school. I can't decide.

In uni I think my favourite is this class I'm doing right now on tumour biology. That or molecular mechanisms of disease, or German.
Math and Stats were pretty interesting and enlightening. Those two subjects pretty much are the real deal and underpin many other subjects research findings. Those who genuinely know that stuff and actually put it to use can make $$$.
Last edited by Unreal T at Nov 11, 2014,
Quote by Xiaoxi

They were both english teachers, ms. finnarelli was italian and had a bangin booty n she was pretty young, mrs. poeppel was the nicest lady in the world and kinda milfy.
English and history were the two I was best at and the two I enjoyed the most. I liked my art classes when I had them too.

I'm only one semester in at college so idk about that.

Lunch was so awkward at my second high school. Everybody my age had their own cars and money to blow so they went out to eat everyday. I just went and chilled in the library. :/
History up in this bizzsnatch

600/600 on my world history SATs and like 580something/600 on the American history one (wasn't even there for half the year cause adult chicken pox hahaaaa yeah)

Gov was also one of the best cause I had so much fun in that class, especially the mock election we did. During the debate the Republican candidate decided to wear a fedora for the first time ever in his life and the Democratic candidate just spent the whole debate reaming him for it lol
^I obliterated history too.

I thought I would like government but it was meh at best. I did well in it but we didn't do 'fun' things like mock elections. Class discussions were bad because everyone was on the same side except for me (lone rider ) and three girls in the corner who formed their own 'political clique' of sorts. There was a lot of pointless yelling over stupid shit. Like a conservative version of the pit lol. Plus the teacher would go on these rants telling us to shop at whole foods.
Art.
Any art related class I enjoyed and did well at. Even though I can't draw worth a shit.
In high school, the yearbook class was one of my favorite classes. I took it for 2 years (4 semesters total).

Out of the options in the poll, I picked Science though.
History was the best but chemistry was a close second only because our teacher used to throw tennis balls at people to demonstrate the movement of particles. I think he just enjoyed hitting us.
My favourite subjects were:
Physics
English
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
In that order.
I liked history as well, but we talked almost exclusively about WWII for almost a year and a half, which got really boring after a while.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Nov 12, 2014,
Music, It was the only class in which I could make a semblance of an actual answer during an exam.

Edit: history would have been good except for a dull teacher and bad topics throughout school, Spartan Society to the Battle of Leuctra (371 BC) was shit, bunch of camp dudes that didn't go to war because they were too busy NOT getting pissed and homo-erotically training with each other for combat (because that makes total sense, training for combat when you're supposed to be at war). Like I said boring.
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Nov 12, 2014,
Just referring to high school, English language/literature followed by physics.
history and literature.

literature only when we were reading something good. unlike the time my school forced our American Lit teacher to have us read Romeo & Juliet. in American Lit. or the awful book "Whale Talk" that we were supposed to read over the summer and our teacher was like "this book sucks, but i have to give you a test. don't worry, i'll tell you all the answers."

i had fun in math sometimes, too depending on the course. i ****ed shit up in Geometry. never paid attention in class. just did the next days homework while the teacher taught everyone else.

also aced Biology. never studied. just did the homework, labs, and tests and got straight A's without putting in an effort and missing 3 days of school almost every week.

my teacher called me "the smartest kid who never comes to school"

greatest achievement of my life.

chemistry was another story, but the teacher i had for the first half of the year spent forever making us memorize the periodic table and take tons of quizzes on it.

why the hell do i have to memorize it anyway?
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Nov 12, 2014,
history except history teachers hate me by default so english or choir
also choir should be in the poll
Lunch.

Every history teacher at my school was ****ing awful(one of them at history - or at least, what was in the syllabus - and the other at teaching). Most of our English teachers taught their favourite books, and took it as a personal insult if you didn't like it(and noone in my Higher English class liked Thomas Hardy). And maths... maths is just intellectual masturbation.
Page 1 of 3