What are some songs that have tapping, string skipping, position changes, sweeps and floating tremolo. (preferably intermediate since I am just starting some of these skills)

I'm looking for songs that have several of these techniques so I can work on different parts every day as warmup. (any genre)

I got the idea from a singer who sings challenging songs to warmup.
Thanks, I know about search but I'm really looking for a song that has several or all of these techniques in it so warmups also learns a song and how the melodic ideas connect.

That page is nice but I didn't notice any songs that even overlap two categories. The idea is to use one (preferably) or two songs and learn them by sections of technique, then move on once I have learned the song, where focusing on one part from one song won't learn it.
Quote by ToneMasterDelux
Thanks, I know about search but I'm really looking for a song that has several or all of these techniques in it so warmups also learns a song and how the melodic ideas connect.

That page is nice but I didn't notice any songs that even overlap two categories. The idea is to use one (preferably) or two songs and learn them by sections of technique, then move on once I have learned the song, where focusing on one part from one song won't learn it.

Ok, now go and actually familiarise yourself with the songs. Nearly all of them cover most techniques; they're in the sections that they're most famous for but if you actually look at the songs you'll see that 90% of them cover many things and in fact a lot of them cover almost, if not actually, everything.

Particularly worth focusing on are any songs by: Guthrie Govan, Dream Theater, Yngwie Malmsteen, Rusty Cooley, Steve Vai, Necrophagist, Nevermore, and Between The Buried And Me.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Nov 11, 2014,
I might suggest composing your own. That would give you practice composting as well, lol, I am not even going to retype that. Ha

It's extremely difficult to pick a piece that not only covers the techniques you are calling for but that is appropriate for you at this stage in your playing.

For sweeping just practice diatonic arpeggios, a two for one deal! Then invert them and practice those. Practice 7ths, 9ths when that gets old hat.
For string skipping, why not just skip strings? I often work scales that way: low e, d string, a string, g string.. When that gets old hat alternate ascending/descending or whatever. Why not try moving through a scale in sixths? There's a way to incorporate some string skipping.

Just some ideas. It's hard to cover all of this without delving into some sophisticated stuff. You used the word, "Intermediate" and that tells me you're probably not studying, like, virtuoso-level compositions, which is where you would most likely find all of the above techniques.

More likely at your level you'll find a moderately challenging song with some of each, and each of those songs will develop that for you vs a one-for-all I might expect in some pretty high level stuff you're probably not ready for (unless by intermediate you mean really crazy super amazing almost perfect, not quite)
I thought of that Frettie, I might try that but I wanted something that has context to help me better work it into my playing and ear training.

I used to practice a lot of these techniques in themselves but it isn't as fun for me and I feel as though I learn more (I compose way to much and don't learn enough songs, its like a cheating way to learn songs and technique)
Make sure you don't learn songs just because they are hard; try to find songs involving these techniques that you enjoy listening to.
I ended up using three songs (I liked) that each have at least two techniques each.

If anyone is interested I am also following fretties advice and composing a song with these techniques in it and might post it if anyone is interested. Thanks all!