Dimarzio Tone Zone + Air Norton
Gibraltar II Bridge
Gotoh Locking Tuners
Ivoroid binding on headstock and body
Oil finish

Demo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU65oMv0XQ0

Review:
This is without a doubt one of the best guitars I have ever played. It is very responsive to my playing and absolutely effortless to shred up and down the neck. It feels more like a piano than a guitar the way the notes respond and jump out. 6 strings never really feel right to me but this is very comfortable.

In short if I could get an identical 7 string version I would take it over ANY custom guitar.

The warranty sheet says it is a RG252KFK-KB. It was built in Japan as a prototype for the 2014 7 string line(RG752). In the end they decided to go with a Basswood/Limba body instead of Mahogany/Koa and no ivoroid binding. I bought it on ebay from "meestursparkle" who is a very well knock Ibanez enthusiast/seller. The action is a little higher than my J-custom but its easier and more comfortable to play, individual notes have more clarity and depth. Tonally its warm with a nice amount of presence. Thick low mids and full across the board. The oiled neck is very smooth/fast. I have it tuned to D with D'addario 10 14 18 28 38 49.

I'm going to replace the tuners, install a set of Maple/Ebony Blackwater Neodymium Moderns, record some originals/cover videos and maybe tune it to Eb to bring to the Protest the Hero gig later this month for Luke/Tim to sign.
Last edited by drawnacrol at Nov 12, 2014,
Dude... Super, super nice RG. For sure the nicest one I've seen in a while if not ever. HNGD
Love this guitar, of course I'd like it better with an Edge trem but that thing is nice. Good playing too.
I'm not a particular fan of RG's, but that is a spectacular guitar. the best looking rg I've seen for sure, and the specs and woods are perfect. how much did you pay for it?

HNGD!
Cheers dudes!

Quote by J_W
Love this guitar, of course I'd like it better with an Edge trem but that thing is nice. Good playing too.

I have thee Ibby 7s with trems so its good to have something different for quick tuning/string changes.

Quote by JagerSlushy
I'm not a particular fan of RG's, but that is a spectacular guitar. the best looking rg I've seen for sure, and the specs and woods are perfect. how much did you pay for it?

HNGD!

Thanks dude! I usually refrain from posting prices but since I'm never selling this I paid in-between $1500-1800. I'm not sure how much shipping and duties were from Japan.
That's a terrific guitar. In every way. Ibanez made an RG that would be perfect for me hnggggg enjoy it!

(although minor gripe, it's pretty obvious that top is a veneer lol)
Quote by Acϵ♠
That's a terrific guitar. In every way. Ibanez made an RG that would be perfect for me hnggggg enjoy it!

(although minor gripe, it's pretty obvious that top is a veneer lol)

Its about 1mm thick, just a veneer sheet glued on. If you look int he pickup routes you can see how small it is.

Quote by Tom 1.0
Looks like Ibanez made a Blackmachine.

Very cool guitar

Thats the first thing I thought when I saw the Ivoroid Binding and Koa top. Someone at Ibanez must be a fan.