Hello people,

First of all, sorry if this is the wrong category to post this thread in. This wouldn't fit in the classical or western thread as that is the problem: I don't know which one to get.

There are tons of other threads like this one where people look for the ideal guitar to suit themselves, I've read a lot of them but still can't find which would be good for my needs, so that's why I made this thread. Bare with me as I explain what kind of player I am. Hopefully some of you out there can recommend a guitar for me:

Mainly, I got into guitar playing a month or two ago and am for the most part learning fingerstyle / fingerpicking guitar playing. This is actually the most confusing part because it seems steel-string guitars are harder for fingerstyle and may not sound as good as nylon-strings. (for fingerstyle). I currently have a +/- 60$ Gomez nylon string. I saw a lot of great reviews of the Yamaha FG700(m)s but it's a dread guitar which I wouldn't prefer. (I'm 168cm's / 5"6 and dread's aren't too convenient for fingerstyle)

For the most part I'm learning and playing soundtracks from different series like Naruto or games like Last of Us. I want these to sound good so am really torn between steel or nylon string guitars.

As far as budget, I'm looking for a rather inexpensive range: somewhere around 225 - 300 euro's (Or same amount dollars, usually the actual amount of the price stays the same in dollars to euro's)

Would be great if anyone can recommend any models!

Thanks,

Agca
This wouldn't fit in the classical or western thread as that is the problem:

It fits a lot better there than it does in the pit.
I've read a lot of them but still can't find which would be good for my needs

And how do you expect us to know?

Go to a guitar store and try as many different guitars you can. Use the experience to discover what you want. THEN make a thread about guitars to buy that are suited to your needs.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 13, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It fits a lot better there than it does in the pit.

And how do you expect us to know?

Go to a guitar store and try as many different guitars you can. Use the experience to discover what you want. THEN make a thread about guitars to buy that are suited to your needs.

I don't see why you replied at all really you haven't helped me or yourself
Thing is this is the off-topic section. We don't talk guitars here, flat out. You're looking for an acoustic guitar, so you're best off trying your luck in the Acoustic & Classical section. Even if it's not a perfect fit, it's sure a lot better there than in The Pit.

Also his second advice was sound. Seems like you've already got your eye on some guitars. Go to a store, try them out, try out other stuff. That's the best thing to do with guitars. Don't over-research, just go by what your fingers like.
Quote by agcac

I've helped you just about as much as anyone on an online forum can at this point.

If you don't know what you want specification-wise, you can't expect us to know either. Only you know what you want, not us. So go to a guitar store to find out. That's by far the most constructive thing you can do.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 13, 2014,
I know this isn't the right spot etc but I'm going to try help anyway. In terms of general advice, I would go with the steel string. You will get used to the tension and feel, and honestly they're generally a much more versatile instrument. Nylon string guitars sound great in some applications, but they also limit you in other areas. A steel string will take on the role of a nylon as well.

Other than that, all I can advise you is forget about details and specifications. Choose a shape you like, a colour you like, and play everything you can. Try them out, try to feel and appreciate the difference is sound and feel. Find your preference- then you can start worrying about specifications. They're meaningless unless you understand what they mean and how they feel. As this is your first new guitar and a low budget instrument, the choice doesn't matter a WHOLE lot, obviously still important but don't stress over it too much.

I personally really like the Lag guitars for that price range, they are super good value for money. I've had an electric Lag for 8 years now and still love it. Tanglewood can make some good guitars in that price range too, but really anything other than your typical no name brand will be fine for you. Low range Ibanez, Tanglewood or Lag would be my top choices but that's just me.

Just go in there and play everything you can- don't restrict yourself to one style either. If you buy a steel string as your tastes change you can expand your playing.
So you've been playing "month or two"?

Why am I not surprised you don't know what sort of guitar to buy?

The answer is really that it does not matter because when you have been playing a year or two then you will want something else.
BC Rich Kerry King Tribal V Starter pack with that super cool amp with the distortion!
Quote by SexyBeast810
TS could also use a strobe light.

up his bum.
Quote by fffplol
up his bum.

No, the strobe light should have a fibre-optic cable attached to it, that's threaded from his rectum, through the abdomen into the bladder and out the urethra, so that when he jizzes, it's bathed in the light of the strobe.
Quote by agcac

how do you know he hasn't helped himself