Sup everyone,

The ground prong (bottom of the 3 prong) didn't feel like coming out of the outlet with the rest of the plug so now my 5150 only has the top 2 prongs on it. I plan on replacing it asap just not sure what I need to do the job. Will any home hardware type plug end work?
Quote by DroptuneD
Sup everyone,

The ground prong (bottom of the 3 prong) didn't feel like coming out of the outlet with the rest of the plug so now my 5150 only has the top 2 prongs on it. I plan on replacing it asap just not sure what I need to do the job. Will any home hardware type plug end work?

Yes get a replacement 3 prong male end and a knife (wire strippers if you have them) and a Philips screwdriver are all you need. Make sure you hook the wires up correctly or you can F something up. It is very easy so just take your time

You can get them at any hardware/electrical supply store
Quote by DroptuneD
Any certain brand I should look at? I want to replace it with a quality part.

Go to the store and ask them what they would recommend from their selection. Most are just fine.
Quote by DroptuneD
Any certain brand I should look at? I want to replace it with a quality part.

Electrical plugs in their design and materials are very heavily regulated and standardized for obvious reasons. There's no such thing as a 'quality' plug as opposed to something else.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 13, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Electrical plugs in their design and materials are very heavily regulated and standardized for obvious reasons. There's no such thing as a 'quality' plug as opposed to something else.

Nonsense.

Cheap

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Pass-Seymour-15-Amp-125-Volt-Armored-Plug-PS515PACC15/202664524

Quality

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Pass-Seymour-15-Amp-125-Volt-Industrial-Grade-Straight-Plug-PS5266XCCV4/202664475
or you could just scoure your home for anything you dont use or is broken which has a 3 prong plug. just cut that off, make sure there is continuity and no shorts using a multimeter, and replace making sure to properly insulate the each connection so that there arent any shorts.