Hey so let me start off saying I am new to this forum, and this is my first post so I apologize in advance if this thread exists already or is in the wrong section.
Moving on, yesterday I got a gorgeous Ibanez RG450M in jestsream green. Problem is I've never set up a guitar with a locking tremolo before. After a whole lot of trial and error with the strings popping out of the bridge, I finally got them to stay in. That part's done, but when I tune to pitch it's sticking way up, and the action is insanely high (tension feels way too tight too). It came with D'addario strings, 10's I believe (could've been 9's) but I had a new set of strings (D'addario 10-52 light heavy set) and I figured what the heck, I'll put 'em on. I'm not sure if that gauge difference would affect anything, like I said this is my first time with a tremolo. anyway, I got it tuned up to standard, and it kept consistently going out (more than a guitar with a Tune-o-matic would) and the bridge was still higher than Bob Marley on Earth day. So I opened up the back, and went to tighten the spring adjustment screws like it said in the manual and everywhere else I looked. They were already in pretty far, I don't want to push anything to a breaking point, and like I said the strings were already very very tight. I noticed something though, the screw on the right wasn't parallel to the one on the left, which is quite clearly straight (I'll post a photo below). Is that something I should get looked at, or something that will affect anything on my guitar?
Lastly, if there's an in depth set up guide (no stone unturned) for this specific tremolo, I'd love to take a look at it because I honestly couldn't find one.
Anyways, sorry for the ridiculously long first post, I'm just lookin to avoid paying $30 for a full set up at guitar center.
Attachments:
image1.JPG
That screw, while indeed crooked, won't cause any problems. It just holds the claw in place.

Adjusting the trem is all a balancing act... You gotta tweak it until the trem is level with the surface of the guitar.

Loosen the strings, tighten the claw screws 1 or 2 turns, re-tune, & check. If it's still raised, repeat. If you get to the point where the claw is flush up against the edge of the cavity & the trem is still not level, you'll have to add a 4th spring and repeat the entire process.
Is that even an Edge Zero II? It doesnt look like it, I have an RG with an Edge Zero II and it looks like this
Well it doesn't have the zero point system like yours has, but the ibanez website says it's an Edge Zero II.
Quote by CJBurnsRed
Well it doesn't have the zero point system like yours has, but the ibanez website says it's an Edge Zero II.

+1. You can get the Edge Zero II with and without the ZPS
Source: I own one
Quote by CorrosionMedia
+1. You can get the Edge Zero II with and without the ZPS
Source: I own one

Yours does have the ZPS. The ZPS is the black springs and silver bar behind the block. The EZs use different blocks that only take 2 springs. The cavity for EZs don't look anything like a traditional trem cavity. His isn't an EZ2.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Yours does have the ZPS. The ZPS is the black springs and silver bar behind the block. The EZs use different blocks that only take 2 springs. The cavity for EZs don't look anything like a traditional trem cavity. His isn't an EZ2.

Agreed, even without the ZPS the Edge Zero II should still have the wheel to adjust spring tension. To me the pic in the OP reminds me of the dreadful Edge 3 though I googled the RG450M and supposedly has an Edge Zero II... Im lost.

Are you sure it is a RG450M?
Quote by JELIFISH19

I know, I was just confirming that I have the same trem but with the ZPS system. In fact the Ibanez handbook that came with it shows two variations; one - like mine - with the ZPS, and another - like his - without.

Quote by tappooh
Agreed, even without the ZPS the Edge Zero II should still have the wheel to adjust spring tension.

Nope. My manual shows it without the wheel on the non-ZPS version