I jam mostly to metal music, two amps I've been looking at are the Kustom KG100HFX for $379 or the Marshall MG100HCFX for $549. Can anyone give me some opinions before I make a decision if you have owned either one of these amps??
Both are terrible. You're paying for a half-stack made as cheaply as possible, they might as well be stage props.

What's your budget? Current gear? What do you want to sound like? Gigging or home practice or garage jam? Give us a bit more information and we can help you find some decent amps in your price range.
I wouldn't pay $20 for either of those amps. Seriously, it's ridiculous they can even think of charging those prices for such garbage. (I am a jaded ex-MG owner.)
Neither, really. Just save up a bit or look for used deals.

The mg could probably play black metal and that's it, so thin and,shrill
I've played both, and I wouldn't want either of them. The Kustom is marginally better than the Marshall, but it still isn't a good amp by my standards.
Haha the responses make me laugh lol,

Sorry TC but Ive heard a lot of bad things about the Marshall, cant expect the Kustom to probably be much different.
Last edited by Fallenoath at Nov 14, 2014,
Ill just start by saying that if you are considering those amps at those prices, you are looking in the worst possible place to buy. Those amps can be found $200 cheaper at any online retailer. at the price of the marshall you may find a new JCA50h or a used peavey. much better option than either of those amps. If your adamant on getting one of those, Id suggest you buy online.
Quote by bustapr
link is a dead thread

The first post is the information we need, do it is a very valid thread. TS just needs to post that info in this thread
You could easily get a new Valveking for the amount you're willing to pay or a used 5150/6505+ combo.
Ouch!!!! Both at garbage!

Look at the Marshall DSL range combos, even a 30 water tube will do better than these. Also look at Peavey Valveking.
Quote by bustapr
link is a dead thread

It was closed so people wouldn't post in there instead of just using it as a resource. We want that info in threads like this, we don't want them posting there.
Quote by nick.culliton
You could easily get a new Valveking for the amount you're willing to pay or a used 5150/6505+ combo.

or a JSX or jet city as well.
what you need to do is buy a used mrshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 watt and stop shopping. they cans be had in the 500-700 range and can pull off most ganiey types of music. probably the best buy on the market for high gain.
yea i havent posted on here in a while but i bought a randall rg80 combo for $219 and it has better sound than both of those amps.
Quote by Shredx13
yea i havent posted on here in a while but i bought a randall rg80 combo for $219 and it has better sound than both of those amps.

it doesn't once you develop your ear.. i have owned three RG100ES's (sold and picked up another...) and a RH150, sold it, and ATM i have a centurary 100.

i owned a valve kind head, and i have spent at lot of time on a dsl.

but hell you spent less. although i got a RG100ES and an old peavey cab for $250. especially that the cab was loaded with Celestion K85's

KR8Z had it right. save your money. get something better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/