Hi UGers,
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong area of the UG forum for the inquiry, just signed up here recently (this is my first post, in fact!)...Anyways, I wanted to pick your brains for some ideas/opinions for an issue I've been dealing with. I've been getting into vocals recently and I am determined to get into a serious/consistent practice routine, but I'm facing a big logistical hurdle: practice space! I live in an apartment complex by myself, but I am really timid when it comes to practicing as I don't want to disturb my neighbors (I tried before at the tail end of my lease at my old place and actually got a complaint from management on behalf of my neighbor for "being disruptive" when I started practicing my vocals there). Unfortunately, unlike some instruments (e.g., guitar) where you can practice with a headset, vocal practice is going to invariably make noise. Nevertheless, it's not a thought experiment; if I want to gain skills as a vocalist, there's no way around practicing! I live near a major metro area and looked into some regional commercial music practice rooms, but they are impractically far from my place from a day-to-day standpoint, and the cost will be undesirably high even if I were to rent monthly. Any helpful advice is appreciated!
I've been thinking about babyfurs for a few months. I figured that this topic belongs in Community Discussion because I feel that infantilists and furries have a lot in common: hence babyfurs. How different is it, really, pretending to be a baby or pretending to be an animal? A lot of people think that children and animals have a lot in common, so maybe dressing up like an animal and dressing up like a baby are really just two sides to the same coin.

So, after doing extensive research on infantilism and babyfurs, I've come to a conclusion. There's actual adult babies, and then there's diaper lovers. The ultimate goal of adult babies is to be a baby 24/7, whereas the diaper lovers simply enjoy the wearing of diapers and the using thereof.

In this age of enlightenment and social progress, it seems that the right thing to do is to reach out to all communities, no matter how niche. I've come across stories of adult babies who have a difficult time in their life. They want to be a baby 24/7, and sometimes they'll get their significant other to help baby them. But it never really satisfies the adult baby completely, as they really want to be an actual baby. Babies don't have girlfriends: they have mommies. Babies don't go to work: they go to daycare.

This brings me to my next point. There should be some... place... that health insurance pays for... where all the adult babyfurs can go to be a baby 24/7. Imagine some facility where they can be taken and actually treated as babies all day. Although this is untested, we might just be surprised at the things babyfurs can create when we unleash their happiness and make them feel safe and secure. Who knows? Maybe by providing this service, it might enable some babyfur somewhere to be the next Albert Einstein. I say we should give the babyfurs the one thing they really want and see what happens. They might surprise us.

Also, I have a somewhat more controversial point in regards to how the diaper loving babyfurs can be treated. These would be those babyfurs who may not want to be a baby *all* the time, but simply enjoy their diapers a lot. Now, I know this would require service on the part of ordinary citizens, but I think that we should consider providing diaper changing services in public bathrooms for these babyfurs.

Think about it: if you're a babyfur, what better service could you imagine than having an attendant in your workplace's bathroom who can help you service your needs? It would be more clean than having to do it yourself. Plus, it would enable further freedom for self expression by more people, which in theory, is a good thing.

What do you think of these suggestions? How can babyfurs overcome social obstacles that they face? Would you be friends with a babyfur? When is it OK for babyfurs to act like babies around you, and to what extent?
Quote by MinterMan22
I've been thinking about babyfurs for a few months. I figured that this topic belongs in Community Discussion because I feel that infantilists and furries have a lot in common: hence babyfurs. How different is it, really, pretending to be a baby or pretending to be an animal? A lot of people think that children and animals have a lot in common, so maybe dressing up like an animal and dressing up like a baby are really just two sides to the same coin.

So, after doing extensive research on infantilism and babyfurs, I've come to a conclusion. There's actual adult babies, and then there's diaper lovers. The ultimate goal of adult babies is to be a baby 24/7, whereas the diaper lovers simply enjoy the wearing of diapers and the using thereof.

In this age of enlightenment and social progress, it seems that the right thing to do is to reach out to all communities, no matter how niche. I've come across stories of adult babies who have a difficult time in their life. They want to be a baby 24/7, and sometimes they'll get their significant other to help baby them. But it never really satisfies the adult baby completely, as they really want to be an actual baby. Babies don't have girlfriends: they have mommies. Babies don't go to work: they go to daycare.

This brings me to my next point. There should be some... place... that health insurance pays for... where all the adult babyfurs can go to be a baby 24/7. Imagine some facility where they can be taken and actually treated as babies all day. Although this is untested, we might just be surprised at the things babyfurs can create when we unleash their happiness and make them feel safe and secure. Who knows? Maybe by providing this service, it might enable some babyfur somewhere to be the next Albert Einstein. I say we should give the babyfurs the one thing they really want and see what happens. They might surprise us.

Also, I have a somewhat more controversial point in regards to how the diaper loving babyfurs can be treated. These would be those babyfurs who may not want to be a baby *all* the time, but simply enjoy their diapers a lot. Now, I know this would require service on the part of ordinary citizens, but I think that we should consider providing diaper changing services in public bathrooms for these babyfurs.

Think about it: if you're a babyfur, what better service could you imagine than having an attendant in your workplace's bathroom who can help you service your needs? It would be more clean than having to do it yourself. Plus, it would enable further freedom for self expression by more people, which in theory, is a good thing.

What do you think of these suggestions? How can babyfurs overcome social obstacles that they face? Would you be friends with a babyfur? When is it OK for babyfurs to act like babies around you, and to what extent?

Last edited by captainsnazz at Nov 13, 2014,
Terms of your lease should indicate when quiet hours are, practice before then and if neighbors complain blare jimmy buffet
Quote by captainsnazz

Quote by captainsnazz

Quote by minterman22

Quote by Jackintehbox
i wonder why this forum gets so few new members.

the name of the site should be changed to ultimate-babyfurs.com so we can attract new members
Quote by eGraham
In space, no one can hear you vocal practice.

you would not be able to make vocal noises cos science

dumasd
Quote by awp28
Hi UGers,
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong area of the UG forum for the inquiry, just signed up here recently (this is my first post, in fact!)...Anyways, I wanted to pick your brains for some ideas/opinions for an issue I've been dealing with. I've been getting into vocals recently and I am determined to get into a serious/consistent practice routine, but I'm facing a big logistical hurdle: practice space! I live in an apartment complex by myself, but I am really timid when it comes to practicing as I don't want to disturb my neighbors (I tried before at the tail end of my lease at my old place and actually got a complaint from management on behalf of my neighbor for "being disruptive" when I started practicing my vocals there). Unfortunately, unlike some instruments (e.g., guitar) where you can practice with a headset, vocal practice is going to invariably make noise. Nevertheless, it's not a thought experiment; if I want to gain skills as a vocalist, there's no way around practicing! I live near a major metro area and looked into some regional commercial music practice rooms, but they are impractically far from my place from a day-to-day standpoint, and the cost will be undesirably high even if I were to rent monthly. Any helpful advice is appreciated!

Unlike the others, I'll actually try to help you, even if this topic does belong in the Vocals forum.

Outside of a friend or family member's house, the car is your best bet. Do you own a car?

I'm in the exact same situation as you, and even if I could practice in my apartment, I wouldn't feel comfortable at all knowing that other people could possibly hear me. Even though you're technically supposed to sing standing upright, I just practice in the car. Helps if you have a lengthy daily commute.
Quote by Redsectoreh
The car is where I get 95% of my singing practice done.

Pretty much this. It has worked wonders for me too.
The thing about doing it in the car, is that you can't fully use your support with the diaphragm, which can hurt your voice if you sing too strained. Join a band, and practice your vocals in their rehearsal space.
Quote by awp28
(I tried before at the tail end of my lease at my old place and actually got a complaint from management on behalf of my neighbor for "being disruptive" when I started practicing my vocals there).

You should at least try practicing in your new place before you give up on it. Maybe your old neighbors were just dicks and your new ones won't be so disrupted by it.