Hey,

I need some trade advice, I've been offered a 2010 Gibson SG Special Faded for my 1994 Fender Japanese Mustang. I've been on the look for an SG, as I don't really use my mustang it just lays in the house but still gets played. I'm just looking more at which is more valuable and is it worth it

Thanks
Quote by Seanmbb
Hey,

I need some trade advice, I've been offered a 2010 Gibson SG Special Faded for my 1994 Fender Japanese Mustang. I've been on the look for an SG, as I don't really use my mustang it just lays in the house but still gets played. I'm just looking more at which is more valuable and is it worth it

Thanks

value while certainly a consideration shouldn't be the main thing. will you get more enjoyment out of the SG would be the first consideration. value wise they seem to be reasonably close.
Of course the value matters

You could sell the mustang for $600-$700 and buy an SG Faded for $450-$550, right?
Quote by bornfidelity
Of course the value matters

You could sell the mustang for $600-$700 and buy an SG Faded for $450-$550, right?

not saying it's not important. looked both up on ebay and the prices on the Fender were all over the place you can certainly find one for less than $600. the SG seemed to have a more established value (around the $500 mark) both guitars on average are about the same value (the Mustang perhaps a bit higher but not much). personally if I really liked the SG I'd do the deal. we are talking a specific guitar though. sure you could sell the mustang and look for another SG but perhaps not find one that you really like. trades should be about what you like better more so than money. yes you shouldn't be stupid about it but I wouldn't let a supposed value difference of say $50 be a deal breaker.
SG Faded: more common than homeless people in NYC

Jap Mustang: somewhat rare and more valuable

if you were gonna trade the Mustang for an SG you'd be a fool to trade it for the lame SG Faded. Just sell the stang and buy a better SG