Not really, just an article on fun with theoretics and numbers.

According to this, if the UK left the European Union and became the 51st US state, it'd be the second poorest state in the union, just richer than Mississippi and just poorer than Alabama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/08/26/if-the-uk-was-a-u-s-state-it-would-be-the-second-poorest-behind-alabama-and-before-mississippi/
Quote by JustRooster
Not really, just an article on fun with theoretics and numbers.

According to this, if the UK left the European Union and became the 51st US state, it'd be the second poorest state in the union, just richer than Mississippi and just poorer than Alabama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/08/26/if-the-uk-was-a-u-s-state-it-would-be-the-second-poorest-behind-alabama-and-before-mississippi/

That's only because the US counts personal fat stores as wealth.
GDP Per Capita =/= living standards so whatever.

The overall attitude in that article is just off. The comparisons don't really make sense, and lol @ the idea that British people ignore everything wrong with Britain and that only Americans judge themselves (but then make sure to remind ourselves that we're the best and that those problems aren't so bad lol).
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Nov 14, 2014,
It's okay because I can go out for a walk without fear of getting shot in the UK.

how's that for a SLAM
also if I go to Denny's I can get 2 eggs, 2 bacon strips, 2 sausage links, 2 pancakes, and toast

SLAM
Quote by Weaponized
also if I go to Denny's I can get 2 eggs, 2 bacon strips, 2 sausage links, 2 pancakes, and toast

SLAM

And that's why your ass takes up 3 states.
I would slam the UK as well if I was the washington post, nothing good has come out of there recently as far as I can remember.

ffs there was no scotch in this year's best 10 whisky's list.

Damn if was scottish I'd sure as hell want independence...
butthurt europoors are so cute

y'all forget that even if you were richer than us you'd still be poorer because we have freedom
^ germans though are much richer, and all of the UK wealth comes from scotland.

What good is freedom if you don't have any money?
That is, in capitalism of course.
Quote by necrosis1193
butthurt europoors are so cute

y'all forget that even if you were richer than us you'd still be poorer because we have freedom

Can't eat freedom.

And yet, you're all fat. How does that work?
Quote by Spambot_2
^ germans though are much richer, and all of the UK wealth comes from scotland.

What good is freedom if you don't have any money?
That is, in capitalism of course.

That sounds like something a communist would say.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Can't eat freedom.

And yet, you're all fat. How does that work?

Clearly you have never been to an American barbecue if you think freedom isn't edible.

Also our pet eagles are great at hunting food.
^ also good whisky recently, according to the whisky bible.

Don't get me wrong Oban's still my favorite whisky but that whisky bible thing was not cool.
Still wouldn't want to be part of the ridiculousness that is the USA, and that's coming from someone who lives in the economically-shittiest part of the UK
Quote by slapsymcdougal
That's only because the US counts personal fat stores as wealth.

lel b/c UK is fatter than US. If the UK counted theirs, maybe they'd be rich too.

Quote by slipknot5678
GDP Per Capita =/= living standards so whatever.

Yeah, not to mention cost of living differences means that someone in Chicago could be barely able to afford food and rent despite making double what someone in the UK does.
Quote by archangels
lel b/c UK is fatter than US. If the UK counted theirs, maybe they'd be rich too.

Yeah, not to mention cost of living differences means that someone in Chicago could be barely able to afford food and rent despite making double what someone in the UK does.

Apparently not

ph34r mah super-reliable sauce