Page 1 of 2
so basically being poor makes me hard and i need y'all to tell me how to make coffee without a stove. and none of that espresso shit either we're talkin black turkish coffee here

i know making a fire or using a bunsen burner is the next best thing but i need a proper ghetto way to do it because reasons

like my friend told me that you can do it by wrapping some wires around a spoon and sticking the other two ends in a mains socket, thus causing the spoon heating up due to resistance but i think i dont need to explain why i dont wanna do that

here's a pic of some coffee and a cezve to keep you motivated

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Buy a kettle.

This is my džezva. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my džezva is useless. Without my džezva, I am useless.
Quote by JamSessionFreak

This is my džezva. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my džezva is useless. Without my džezva, I am useless.

So you only want pretentious coffee?

Get rich.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
So you only want pretentious coffee?

Get rich.

turkish coffee is the default coffee here m8. it's easier to make and easier to get - when you're visiting anyone and ask for coffee most people will make you a turkish one

and then i can tell americunts on the internet i like it better than espresso and i get to be called pretentious because murcan culture is obviously absolute, global and objectively correct

Quote by JamSessionFreak
turkish coffee is the default coffee here m8. it's easier to make and easier to get - when you're visiting anyone and ask for coffee most people will make you a turkish one

and then i can tell americunts on the internet i like it better than espresso and i get to be called pretentious because murcan culture is obviously absolute, global and objectively correct

Good for you.
I'm not American
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Good for you.

Thank you friend.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm not American

That kinda makes it worse.

Now please tell me a ghetto way to make coffee without burning down whatever is around me. It is crucial for my survival during december.

Quote by steve_muse
ps Starbucks isn't that gd

i haven't tried it yet but it's too expensive for me. i thought about trying it a few times but i dont even know where i could find it in these parts

i heard they make good coffee if you're into drinking it sweet tho
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Nov 14, 2014,
There's an unlimited supply of Keurig in the office and I'm drinking it right now. Coffee's ok.
take ur computer apart and take off the cpu cooler place glass of water on cpu and run prime 95
Quote by MinterMan22
drink the mud at the bottom & tell me what happens :1

i actually have a friend that drinks that as well but she's kinda weird. i myself recoil in horror when i accidentally drink some of it

Quote by vintage x metal
do you have a microwave?

nope

Quote by So-Cal
take ur computer apart and take off the cpu cooler place glass of water on cpu and run prime 95

now we're talkin'
Quote by archangels
What's so bad about espresso?

honestly, nothing. but i'd recommend trying turkish sometime
grind up the beans.

put the beans in some water and add a bit of baking soda

microwave for a bit. stir a bunch. repeat x3

let it cool to room temperature then filter it. keep the liquid, throw the rest in the garden.

add dichloromethane to the bean-water. stir a bunch. there should be two layers now. pour off the top layer completely (you'll have to sacrifice some of the bottom layer)

pour the bottom layer into a glass tray. set it outside in the sun and let the stinky liquid evaporate off. a white power will be left over. collect it and store it in a warm, dry place.

you now have reasonably pure caffeine. add it to something that tastes better than coffee.

Coffee is awesome and I'm not addicted to it. I could stop drinking anytime I want to, but for now I want to keep drinking my numerous cups of coffee even though the coffee at my office is shit
Quote by Eastwinn
grind up the beans.

let it cool to room temperature then filter it. keep the liquid, throw the rest in the garden.

add dichloromethane to the bean-water. stir a bunch. there should be two layers now. pour off the top layer completely (you'll have to sacrifice some of the bottom layer)

pour the bottom layer into a glass tray. set it outside in the sun and let the stinky liquid evaporate off. a white power will be left over. collect it and store it in a warm, dry place.

you now have reasonably pure caffeine. add it to something that tastes better than coffee.

i was hoping for cocaine but i guess this will have to do
Quote by Eastwinn

Can't you just buy caffeine pills at Walmart for like, a couple cents per pill?
Quote by archangels
Can't you just buy caffeine pills at Walmart for like, a couple cents per pill?

yes but

where is the fun in that
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Thank you friend.

That kinda makes it worse.

Now please tell me a ghetto way to make coffee without burning down whatever is around me. It is crucial for my survival during december.

i haven't tried it yet but it's too expensive for me. i thought about trying it a few times but i dont even know where i could find it in these parts

i heard they make good coffee if you're into drinking it sweet tho

All coffee is pretentious. Even instant.
Quote by Eastwinn
grind up the beans.

omg you are THE WORST
Quote by JamSessionFreak
i actually have a friend that drinks that as well but she's kinda weird. i myself recoil in horror when i accidentally drink some of it

whenever I have a turkish coffee at a restaurant or mate's house, I drink half of the mud. kinda a ritual thing that spawned out of curiosity.
Quote by Eastwinn
grind up the beans.

I like this advice, as most liquids I've tasted taste better than coffee! I don't have a warm, dry place though, and sun is right out of the question.
Quote by guitarxo
Just eat the beans on their own

This, upside-down iron or easty's pseudocoke could actualy work. Will the beans get me as hyped as legit coffe tho?
My ethnocentrism is showing, because I've been wondering why you can't just go out and buy a coffee. Where I live, you can spit in any direction and there's a 95% chance that you landed on a business that sells coffee.
Quote by chrismendiola
My ethnocentrism is showing, because I've been wondering why you can't just go out and buy a coffee. Where I live, you can spit in any direction and there's a 95% chance that you landed on a business that sells coffee.

Don't question me boi. The greater purpose of this info is not for mortal ears. Bitch.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Don't question me boi. The greater purpose of this info is not for mortal ears. Bitch.

#Only90sKids #ActuallyOnlyAmerican90sKidsWhoHadAccessToCableTelevision

RT IF U MISS DRAKE + JOSH!!
Just go to a friend's place, or a neighbor's. The best way to do it is with fire. Get a cover for your dzezva (called rakweh over here) so that it doesn't lose heat.
Page 1 of 2