Hi, I'm finding the chord diagrams inaccurate and no way of editing them. in fact i cant even see the automated chord diagrams before submitting the song for approval. at the moment i'm just notating the chords at the top of the TAB

am i overlooking some way of fixing these diagrams?

as you can see in this example (link below) all the chord diagrams are incorrect

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/c/christy_moore/galtee_mountain_boy_crd.htm
The chord diagrams (blue letters) are filled in by UG automatically. I see you wrote the fingerings anyway, so hopefully whoever looks this up pays attention to that.

If that's the mistake you're talking about, maybe shoot UG an email and write a note in the comments on the tab.

EDIT: See where you have the tuning? You marked it at as half-step down (D#,G#,C#,F#,A#,D#), therefore, the chords would be E, B, F#, not F, C, G (in standard tuning, these match the chords and fingerings you wrote. In D# standard, they don't).

Either you marked the tuning wrong or you marked the chords wrong
Last edited by mjones1992 at Nov 14, 2014,
yeah the chords are for std tuning, depends on your voice i guess, i tend to do most stuff a half step down, i should probably just leave it in std tuning and write that i play it 1/2 down
i guess im too easily confused, and dont bother changing names of chords with change of tuning.. im a noooooob
Its a shame we cant manually amend the chord diagrams
I think you could, but you'd have to change the chords across the whole tab. It'd be easier to just change the tuning back to std though

Not sure how to do any of that though lol. I haven't submitted a tab in years.
done, back to standard tuning, doesnt affect automated chord recognition... it purely looks at the chords written i.e G or Am and doesnt factor in tuning

i have to say i find the whole process rather cumbersome of manually lining up lyrics and chords especially when most the tabs in this form dont divulge their time signature or if there are extra bars of the same chord. I put all the lyrics into GP5 and line them up within the bars as accurately as i can, although i have to but in fake notes when lyrics occur against a non note playing part of the bar. The UGpro Tabs seems to have some great detail, but what ive looked at is all multiple instrument, which isnt of great use to me.

thanks for your tip on the correct chord names after changing key, at least ive learned something new today
Quote by GStringBroke
yeah the chords are for std tuning, depends on your voice i guess, i tend to do most stuff a half step down, i should probably just leave it in std tuning and write that i play it 1/2 down
i guess im too easily confused, and dont bother changing names of chords with change of tuning.. im a noooooob
Its a shame we cant manually amend the chord diagrams
I'm not sure I can see any need for tabbing a down tuned guitar. This is the same issue as writing a tab for a song that uses a capo. You write all the chords in as though they were going to be played open, then specify where to put the capo.

The "Transpose" function works at all levels, meaning you don't have to be using the paid versions for it to be available.

So, if you have to know the name of the chords in a capoed song, simply transpose up the number of semitones (frets) of offset.

Pretty much the only reason I see a need for this, is so that other instruments will know what chords they're to play.

In your case, just write the chords named as being in the open position, and note how many semis you drop your guitar.

That of course is all relative to E-e standard.

If we're dealing with a chord only "tab", I think the site's software will only offer fingering suggestions for open chords anyway. (Save for those that can only be accomplished with a barre from the open position).
Last edited by Captaincranky at Nov 15, 2014,