Page 1 of 6

UG'S 3RD ANNUAL SECRET SANTA!

Seeing as last years was alright (Linky), I'm up for organising this again.

copy pasta from last year because I am lazy right now:

This is your standard secret Santa, or secret non-denominational, gender-neutral, end-of-year-present-giving-entity if you prefer. This year it's being started early so we can have more international presents.

If you don't know how this works for some reason, basically everyone's names go into a hat, you pick one out and get them a present. For further info: Clicky

RULES
Ripped off from previous years...
  • NO TROLL GIFTS ie, nothing sexual, offensive, or anything that will cause embarrassment to the recipient or raise eyebrows at the dinner table. Keep it G rated, seriously. Not too hard.
  • Serious commitments only
  • Active community members only (no gold diggers, please)
  • Keep up with your PMs via profiles (seriously, we want this shit to work)

In addition:

• All gifts must be sent out latest by Friday 12th of December. I recommend for international shipping you get it done before 1st December, just in case.
  • You will need to pm me when you have sent off your stuff and also the estimated delivery date, if possible.
  • Up to you if you want your gift opened as soon as it arrives or on 25/12/14, let them know on the package.
  • Be considerate of customs limitations where appropriate. ie alchohol and food. If you are ordering directly off their local country's amazon/etc this isn't an issue.
  • If you are sending something aboard as please be aware of customs declaration values! Put down the items as low value or the giftees might get charges to pay!

There is no minimum or maximum gift price limit and it doesn't matter if you make it yourself or order it direct to your recipient from their local store. The only thing that matters is that you have love and joy and happiness in your heart when you give that gift. Okay?

Break any of these rules or pull any kind of dick move and you will get a letterbomb permabanned. If you think you might have an issue, pm me first!

If there isn't looking to be enough people in on this, I'll call it off cause it's not as fun with limited numbers

To join:
Send me a message with your address and if you want to do international shipping or not. Only those in 'common' UG countries, like UK, USA, Canada and possibly Austrailia can do only national (dependent on numbers of participants)

You can totally trust me with your personal information. I am good person of infallible morals.

Confirmed Participants
  • theguitarist
  • Eastwiinn
  • Disarmgoliath
  • eGraham
  • K'Nuckles
  • AtaBorMan
  • UltimateGuizar
  • icanhasgodmode
  • jazz_rock_feel
  • c3powil
  • GuitarGod_92
  • slipknot5678
  • sonic_hippy
  • Amuro Jay

GO, GO, GO!

Huge shout out to Jay for starting this!

(Invalid img)
Can they open it in 2014? I feel 2013 might be a tad difficult.

(I'd join this, but I'm bad enough at buying gifts for people I've known my entire life).
maybe

ill probably end up giving kratom to axel or something

ohey this also means i get a gift, interesting
Last edited by Burgery at Nov 14, 2014,
Quote by Minkaro
Can they open it in 2014? I feel 2013 might be a tad difficult.

(I'd join this, but I'm bad enough at buying gifts for people I've known my entire life).

oh goddamn it.

just buy whatever. it's easier buying for someone random because you can free yourself of thinking about their interests and get something fun.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Halloween is better.

People don't give gifts and spend quality time with their families on halloween.

Usually just stay at home peddling candy to kids or go out and have weird costumed casual sex. Both of which you can do pretty much whenever.
okay i sent you my address but i swear if you start sending me letters theguitarist man i swear
Quote by AtaBorMan
It was fun last year, got a framed picture of Sam. I'm in.

Well this is news to me
Sorry to say that my parents are still opposed to this so I'm out. Hope for good participation though
I'm thinking about participating. In the past, I've always done a raffle around the holiday season and gave a gift to the winner but I was always weary of people knowing exactly where I live. I've gotten more chillax about that though, but I'll still have to give it some thought.
I'm in. 20$ to spend (family hit hard times). might be able to build a *****l for that much. If not I'll get a cool album or something. Just give me a day to think about it then I'll pm you
Last edited by sonic_hippy at Nov 15, 2014,
Ill do it

I have the Christmas spirit!!!! Well, at least whatever spirit I'm told I should have by those guys in marketing.
Hey pal I'm not able to do this, don't wanna give out my information, but I'm letting ya know payday was yesterday for me so I'll be sending your pumpkin reward either today or tomorrow

Wondering if you're up to receiving something not on your list?
Quote by Dreadnought
Hey pal I'm not able to do this, don't wanna give out my information, but I'm letting ya know payday was yesterday for me so I'll be sending your pumpkin reward either today or tomorrow

Wondering if you're up to receiving something not on your list?

A gift is a gift. Get me whatever you want
For those of us who don't want to provide addresses, can we work something around that? P.O. box, or segregate those who want to participate without addresses and give digital gifts, something?
Quote by theguitarist
People don't give gifts and spend quality time with their families on halloween.

Usually just stay at home peddling candy to kids or go out and have weird costumed casual sex. Both of which you can do pretty much whenever.

You know what else I could do whenever?

ur mum lel

But seriously I don't have a family worth spending 'quality' time with. Pretty much any reunion that happens at xmas all boils down to political debates and arguments over how much money one family receives over another after a relative dies.

As for gift giving, with the amount of money I spend on gifts for others, I may as well buy the gifts I receive on xmas myself and be no better off.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I'm in tho I'm sad I can't send a box of dildos to someone

personally i'd be cool with that
so these gifts are only given to the people who are participating and given randomly right? what do you do if you end up with an odd number of participants?
Last edited by 457undead at Nov 16, 2014,
Quote by 457undead
so these gifts are only given to the people who are participating and given randomly right? what do you do if you end up with an odd number of participants?

That makes no difference?

You don't 'pair up' with people; everybody's name is put in a hat (either literally, or metaphorically) and for each person participating, a name is drawn and then removed from the 'hat'. For example, last year eGraham sent me a gift whereas I sent one to Amuro Jay.
Quote by 457undead

well to do it very simple:
Column A=rand()
Column B= names
Column C= names (copy of B)

>sort A:B by column A.

Participants assigned to each other.

(formula will actually be different as I need to plug in some modifier to stop a person being set to themselves. )