Page 1 of 2
In 1000-1500 words, tell The Pit about your opinions on dipping sauce.

Honey BBQ is the correct answer, by the way.

* No poll because there are too many options.
I like garlic sauce with pizza, nacho cheese for some bread items, and tartar sauce for burgers.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I put my dip stick in ur mums oil tank last nite

I have detected a grand amount of mums in your posts lately, explain this but here's the catch: WITHOUT using the letter a.
MERICA fries & chicken products- BBQ
Bread sticks & Pizza- Marinara/ranch
Cheap steak- Steak sauce

Everything else gets sauce dripped on it if needed.
Quote by ElMaco
I have detected a grand amount of mums in your posts lately
ur mum detected a grand amount inside of her last nite.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
ur mum detected a grand amount inside of her last nite.

O tempora o mores
Quote by ElMaco
I have detected a grand amount of mums in your posts lately, explain this but here's the catch: WITHOUT using the letter a.

I fucked your mum too
honey is bee enslavement and bbq flavours are the worst variants of everything

salsa or hummous

Quote by MinterMan22
dipping sauce is for people who don't know how to cook shit with flavour

and also this is true
I feel like I have a love for pretty much all dipping sauces. There's really none that I can think of that I don't like.

I like to think of myself as a condiment connoisseur
Quote by eGraham
I still haven't tried my brown sauce lol

just keep doing those exercises i showed you and you'll be able to in no time
Quote by captainsnazz
honey is bee enslavement and bbq flavours are the worst variants of everything

I have a love/hate relationship with BBQ. It can be (and generally is) way too excessive in flavour sometimes, but when done right (e.g. honey BBQ sauce), it's the best there is.

Also, I actually had to Google what you meant by the bee enslavement thing, and that bums me out a lot.

Quote by Andrea55
Bbq, ranch and ketchup. Everything ketchup.

I wouldn't eat ketchup even if I were someone who hates himself. There are few things I hate more than ketchup.
Quote by Jackintehbox

I can almost reach
Quote by eGraham

I can almost reach

come on baby. go for the brown
Quote by Jackintehbox

Goddamn it, I missed this opportunity, I was too busy rewording the previous post.

Damn it.
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce is pretty great with chicken. Hoisin sauce is also pretty tasty.
My favorite sauce is hot sauce but I don't dip food in it I put the sauce on the food.
It's kind of a conundrum too me. I like soy sauce. I also like to dip fries in aioli.

I otta think this one through.
It obviously depends on what food you're eating dipping into the sauce. Honey BBQ is not the answer to everything.
1,000-1,500 words?

Very well.

There are a great many different types of dipping sauces under the sun. So many that anyone, be they man, woman, black, white, short, tall, whoever and whatever they may be, can easily find one which suits their individual tastes. What sauce, however, is my favorite? Though there are many different types of sauce which I am fond of, I would have to say my favorite is undoubtedly cheese.

Why cheese, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you. Cheese, simply put, is like bacon, in the sense that any food whatsoever that you put it on becomes immediately better. Pretzels regularly have cheese dipping sauces, hot dogs with cheese on top are the best treats in the ballpark, cheeseburgers are much better than hamburgers – unless you happen to keep kosher, in which you can’t have those – the best topping on any kind of pizza is extra cheese, I can go on for a long time here. Hell, even cheese itself tastes better with another kind of cheese added on top of it. There’s simply no such thing as too much cheese, constipation be damned.

Like most people, my love for dippable cheese most likely goes back to a love for nachos. Nachos, like cheese, are incredibly delicious. Corn chips are scientifically proven to be one of the three best kinds of chips(The other two are Pringles and dudes named Chip that happen to be particularly friendly and maybe also really good NFL coaches), and once again, cheese makes everything better. So, as a young man, and continuing to this day, I have had a thorough enjoyment of nachos, specifically when served with dipping cheese, as nachos almost always are. One day I found myself eating a bland entrée, and faced with an oversized bowl of cheese that was more than needed for my nacho appetizer, I decided to take a leap of faith and dunk a food I had never before considered something meant to go with cheese in that bowl, and see how it tasted.

What happened next was a revelation. The bland meal didn’t just taste better, it tasted genuinely good! That dipping cheese had turned this boring, unsatisfying meal into a tasty delight I was very happy to be sitting in the restaurant eating! It was a complete change in the way I looked at cheese, and a complete change in the way I ate most foods that can involve dunking.

The more I dunked, the more I thought about how amazing it was I hadn’t considered this before. After all, fondue, an entire form of food, is based around the whole concept of taking various types of food – mostly bread – and dunking them in melted cheese. It was delicious, and it made sense! Cheese makes everything better, and cheese you can dip things in gives you so many more options and so many more ways to dunk different kinds of foods into different kinds of cheese for an ever-increasing number of different food options! It’s wonderful!

When I arrived at college however, I came to a very disconcerting realization; that in a college dining hall, due to how much simpler, quicker, and cheaper it makes the process of making all the food for all of the students, cheese was a staple not just to the point of being overwhelming, but that of becoming obnoxious, and even unpleasant. I never thought I could fathom such an event occurring, but for the first time since making my revelation at 13, I was debating whether or not I was having too much cheese, debating whether or not to actually skip the cheese on my next order. Skipping cheese! That’s unheard of! This quandary of the ages left me puzzled and unsure of myself, and finding a solid resolution to it left me alone for days, mired in thought as I debated the merit of dairy products soured just precisely enough for a certain flavor being added to otherwise fine meals in some effort to create taste where there was none. Was it cheating? Was pouring cheese over every single dish a culinary shortcut to taste that allowed mediocre-at-best cooks and people who didn’t actually care about the food they were making give people who don’t actually care about the food they are eating a way to be happy, leaving people that actually care about either side of preparing and consuming food out in the cold to suffer a bland, simplistic palette of meals that all taste the same?

I was vexed by this complex conundrum, and soon found myself avoiding the dining hall more and more. I ate less there, and much more at the sandwich shop a few minutes away, as deli sandwiches are a type of food that simply isn’t complete without some kind of cheese, so eating there soothed my concerns and reassured me that, yes, cheese does have a needed place after all. I could never help myself from wondering though, was I dumbing down my tasted by constantly pouring cheese over so much of what I would eat? Was I doing my tongue and my stomach a disservice by depriving them of other varied options?

After much consideration, I have finally reached a happy middleground with this personal moral debate of cheeses. Though I do acknowledge now that my at times overzealous consumption of cheese leads me to having a less varied, less complex, less diverse palette, I have learned to embrace that delicious spread, that wonderful dip and flavor, but do so responsibly and in moderation. By maintaining a healthy control over my cheese consumption, I am able to enjoy my beloved, endlessly delicious topping. I can once more enjoy the food in the college dining hall, no longer shocked by the excessive amount of cheese and the consistent application of it. I can enjoy and love it again and it feels wonderful.

With all of that said, even through all of my questions and personal debates regarding cheese, I still have no doubts when it comes to my favorite dipping sauce. Cheese is applied so heavily and gratuitously for a reason; it is delicious, it is wonderful, and it makes everything better. And so I love it, love it enough that I have written a 1,000+ word post regarding it. Hope you all enjoy it.
Quote by MinterMan22
dipping sauce is for people who don't know how to cook shit with flavour

"The correct dipping sauce selection is for people who actually know how to cook properly and understands how flavours work together to create mouthgasm."

-Father of Deliriumbassist, trained master chef, who's clients included Frank Sinatra, several Royals from different countries and Tom Baker, 2009.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Nov 15, 2014,
I don't know if you'd count it as sauce, but I'm having a phase with this sour cream & chive dip at the minute. I use it for everything - little bit in a salami and cheese roll, dip crisps in it, pizza crusts, anything it can go on.
Page 1 of 2