Christmas is coming up, and I think I would like to buy a new pair of headphones. I currently have a pair of Koss Titanium 3AA headphones which I like, but one of the ear pieces broke off due to a weak plastic joint (if anybody has any repair solutions that would be amazing; shipping to return them to koss would cost like 30-40 bucks and i fear i would get another faulty pair).

Anyways, i use my headphones for recording referencing with my recording monitors, podcasting monitoring, and leisurely listening. The flatter the response, the better. I like as true of a representation as possible. My budget is probably around $200. I live in Boston area. Let me know if you guys have any good suggestions; I have no clue about headphones really
Last edited by Watterboy at Nov 15, 2014,
Quote by Watterboy
The flatter the response, the better.

The Sony MDR7506 and MDR7509 models are well loved for a a flat mixing response.
Sennheiser HD 25 I-II. They are industry standard, built like a tank, and great sound, and can achieve high SPL. I own a pair, they are great. Make sure you get the real HD 25's though, NOT the sp version.