Page 1 of 3
Rob Chapman announced on YouTube 2 hours ago that he has signed a deal with Thomman to sell his guitars.

Thoughts?
Just one more company selling strat, tele, and Les Paul style guitars with fugly headstocks. Boring.
Rob Chapman is a twat and it having a guitar with his name on the headstock makes me cringe.
I had a look online at his guitars and They don't look too bad but nothing special either. I will give him credit for being a good businessman and being a generally good bloke. As a guitarist though I think he is massively overrated and he hasn't played anything, stylistically original or that thousands other guitarists haven't done before.
My 2c.
Let me know when he deals with Guitar Center or Sam Ash.

I follow him on youtube, and as a guitarist he's pretty unoriginal and overrated but his guitars seem solid. I wanna try the ML-7T.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Rob Chapman is a twat and it having a guitar with his name on the headstock makes me cringe.

Quote by Banjocal
What's he done wrong? He headstocks don't look too ugly on his website...

I don’t see him doing much wrong, it’s just that he’s not doing anything special. There a plenty of guitars like the Chapman models on the market already. I see me-too guitar lines come and go every year. BFD.
Quote by Banjocal
What's he done wrong? He headstocks don't look too ugly on his website...

I don't think there's anything specifically wrong with this guitars, I think people just dislike him personally because they remember when he used to post here
Quote by Blompcube
I don't think there's anything specifically wrong with this guitars, I think people just dislike him personally because they remember when he used to post here

I don't remember that. Did he have a stuck up, know-it-all attitude when he posted here, or what...?
Quote by Linkerman
I don't remember that. Did he have a stuck up, know-it-all attitude when he posted here, or what...?

Occasionally he would be like that with people, but the main thing is he was just a spammer who was always trying to promote himself, his guitars, and andertons, in just about every post he made - whilst trying to make it look like he was being helpful. Even when he wasn't posting blatant spam threads linking to his youtube videos he was always promoting those things in one way or another.
Quote by Blompcube
Occasionally he would be like that with people, but the main thing is he was just a spammer who was always trying to promote himself, his guitars, and andertons, in just about every post he made - whilst trying to make it look like he was being helpful. Even when he wasn't posting blatant spam threads linking to his youtube videos he was always promoting those things in one way or another.

Okay, I guess that warrants a bit of animosity towards him.
Quote by redshift21
Rob Chapman announced on YouTube 2 hours ago that he has signed a deal with Thomman to sell his guitars.

I should note that Rob Chapman is an absolute unknown to perhaps 99.99999% of guitarists in the US, with that last bit reserved for those who've caught a random YouTube while investigating some guitar model. I'd venture to say that the percentage is still pretty high outside of customers of Andertons or Thomann or his personal circle of friends, fans and admirers, most of whom have photos on the walls of the Ministry of Silly Walks.
Quote by TheStig1214
Wow I didn't think Chappers was that much of a dick.

I wouldn't make more out of it than it actually is <nudge, nudge, wink, wink, need I say more?>
Quote by Blompcube

Yeah. I remember that. He got banned at one point I think for it.

I know on the fretboard forum (UK-based guitar forum, basically the MusicRadar forum after it disappearred) a lot of people act like people who don't like him are doing so because they're just dicks or jealous or whatever. Maybe so, but he definitely did stuff here which was a bit dubious, if you ask me.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Amen. From what I've seen of him on YouTube and his posts on here, he always came across as a bit of a douche.
Ditching your wife and house for like an 18 year old Estonian chick, having a mid-life crisis to the point of man-dreads and tribal tattoos in your mid 40s doesn't help his case either
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Ditching your wife and house for like an 18 year old Estonian chick,

hang on, what?
seriously?

(that's not at his wife, that's just an in general "", more like " ")
Quote by Dave_Mc
seriously?

(that's not at his wife, that's just an in general "", more like " ")

Yeah, he got divorced and relocated.

He plays music with her and shit. Actually I think I remember them saying they met at a Dorje show or something.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Ditching your wife and house for like an 18 year old Estonian chick, having a mid-life crisis to the point of man-dreads and tribal tattoos in your mid 40s doesn't help his case either

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah, he got divorced and relocated.

He plays music with her and shit. Actually I think I remember them saying they met at a Dorje show or something.

What. The. Hell.
I don't know why, but hearing that made my night. Really tickled me for some reason.

Feel bad for his wife though, or maybe she was lucky.

I have no problems with his guitars though, they seem quite nice and have heard good things about them, not played one myself though.
Last edited by conanwarrior at Nov 17, 2014,
I don't get all the hate, he sells guitars, no one forces you to buy them. It's a piece of wood with strings, what's to hate?
Come on man, it's obviously not the guitars.

It's the posting disguised as advertising and the arguing with people when confronted about it.
That and his songs are like someone making a joke about bad metal.
I'll admit I like the Anderton's videos he does, but I'm not a fan. His guitars do get pretty good reviews and I will try one when they come to my area.
Page 1 of 3