Poll: Where do you buy your new or used gear?
Poll Options
View poll results: Where do you buy your new or used gear?
eBay
3 18%
Craigslist
6 35%
Local Music Shops
4 24%
Guitar Center
2 12%
MusiciansFriend
0 0%
Sweetwater
1 6%
ZZounds
0 0%
Amazon
0 0%
Reverb.com
0 0%
Other
1 6%
Voters: 17.
Thought about putting this in the Pit, but I just don't think it fits there.

I'm asking because I'm looking to buy a new amp and everywhere I look it is almost always the same price. So where do you guys go when you're looking for new and used gear? For me:
Used: eBay, Craigslist, local shops, GC if I'm in the area.
New: Musiciansfriend most often.

Is there anywhere you guys normally find great deals? I'm trying to find a used/blemished Mesa Mark V head. It is a good thing there aren't many for sale second hand though I guess... means people like 'em enough to keep 'em.

Do you guys know of any really good black Friday deals going on at any stores? Normally all sorts of online stores and local shops advertise deals and end up just discounting items they never sell. Bums me out.
New from MF
Deals/used from Ebay, you just have to be careful.

MF probably won't have their black Friday deals out until closer to the date. I hate consumerism with a passion, especially after a day where we are supposed to be "thankful" here in the US, but I'd love to get a discount on gear...
Black Friday gear deals haven’t been special since 2011. Nobody is making enough money off gear sales the rest of the year to take a big loss for Xmas shoppers. Unless Schecter starts doing blowouts again this year I’m not expecting to see any discounts I can’t find every other holiday weekend.

If you want a good deal on a Mesa just shop on Craigslist.
Mesa has an iron grip on their distributors when it comes to pricing and discounts. Buy used. Check Craigslist and the Gear Page classifieds.
Quote by Roc8995
Mesa has an iron grip on their distributors when it comes to pricing and discounts. Buy used. Check Craigslist and the Gear Page classifieds.

EXACTLY! No GC, Zzounds, Musiciansfriend... etc. Sweetwater was all I could find. I'm on the hunt for a used one in good condition.
I've seen some good deals for Mesa amps on Craigslist. +1 to all of that, especially in California.

A little OT, but i'd love to try out that 25w version of the Mark V.
I was always find the best used deals on GC. If you live in a bigger city than I do, CL probably works more often. Ebay doesn't work a lot of times because of the high shipping costs.
Used is ebay all the way. New I buy and/or try in person because I'm not an idiot
Yeah, Craigslist is normally my go-to. And Funk, I live on the central coast of California so I'm constantly looking at both north and south sites on Craigslist for gear. I'm in the middle of everything good. Haha.

I'm glad you're satisfied with your intelligence level, Banjo.
i just go MF, 123, GC, etc. i stock up on accessories and small things unless there really is something killer.which i doubt.

it seems like they get worse every year. i got 25% off of my first LP a few years ago and haven't ever seen even 20% off since.

most of the things i am interested in i either wouldn't buy new because they are too expensive new vs used any other day of the year. next is 64AVRI an Mobius or a AVRI strat. not sure which one.

i am curious to see what reverb.com does.
Quote by lightningjoe88
Yeah, Craigslist is normally my go-to. And Funk, I live on the central coast of California so I'm constantly looking at both north and south sites on Craigslist for gear. I'm in the middle of everything good. Haha.

I'm glad you're satisfied with your intelligence level, Banjo.

Yeah bro, I see your in SLO. Jealous!! I'm just down in Fresno, kinda also in the middle of a lot.
Quote by Funk Monk
Yeah bro, I see your in SLO. Jealous!! I'm just down in Fresno, kinda also in the middle of a lot.

Haha!! I visited Fresno GC not too long ago! I think I'm gonna try Bakersfield GC on my next trip. It's sad that the closest one to me is over 2 hours away! I just posted all my stuff in the Bako CL for when I visit there. Fresno is actually better to be in because you're closer to big cities up north.
Right on, might as well hit up Visalia GC too. You got Gilroy up above you too, that one is nice from what I remember.

Yeah I can't wait until I get this electric car I've been saving up for, then I can justify traveling around for some steals, this v8 engine kills me!

subscribe to the tone kings youtube channel. He organizes some really badass deals with different companies to sell direct. He also scours deals online and tells subscribers when theres a deal too good to miss.

right now if Im not mistaken he and DBZ guitars have a sale going on.

http://dbzdiamondstore.com/collections/ttk-special
I like sweeteater, they have the three payment deal. No credit card, no interest, just pay 10 bucks and they split it up in three payments. I deal with a guy named Ryan Sloan, really cool dude.
Craigslist/Kijiji for me. Sometimes I'll check some of the chain stores but for the most part its classifieds.
I've found out that stores in general have more leeway when it comes to deals around the holidays.
The web is usually matched closely so unless it is a product that'll be discontinued...

Craigslist and local ads are best for deals.
Quote by Grawgos
I like sweeteater, they have the three payment deal. No credit card, no interest, just pay 10 bucks and they split it up in three payments. I deal with a guy named Ryan Sloan, really cool dude.

Seems interesting, but don't forget that 10$ is the equivalent to 600$ @ 19% (most CC rates are around this) if you pay in 3 months. Under this amount, you are better to pay with your CC and pay de bill in 3 months.

I just made an order on Cascio Interstate. Price was the same as others, but shipping is lower and I was able to apply a 15$ coupon.
I like Sweetwater the best by far. They have the killer financing and the additional free warranty. Their setups are pretty decent on new guitars as well. I picked up a PRS SE Custom 24 on a Black Friday sale yesterday for $398, free shipping, additional year warranty and no interest for 24 months.
Also, Native Instruments is offering Guitar Rig 5 Pro for $99 and Amazon has Amplitube 3 for $98.08 .
Quote by Roc8995

GC cleared out a bunch of new Royal Atlantic 100s for $1100. I spammed the various threads when this happened. Same with the 2014 and 2013 Gibsons and Fenders. SG Standards for 900.