Hey , first post here
I have recently decided that I want to get a new amp for my Epiphone G400.I have a 15 watt AXL (bought in small local music store) amp that is fairly rubbish , the sound isn't good aswell as limited effects. I was thinking alonmg the lines of a Fender Mustang I V2 Combo 30watt or Line 6 Spider 30watt. I am only 16 and have a very small budget , I won't be doing any heavy gigging *(yet) but it would be nice to play guitar in a pub in year to come...

Budget
EUR150 on Musicstore.de \

I will be playing heavy rock like Led Zepplin and AC/DC , NOT METAL ....

Thanks
Mustang 2 as a minimum, or save up for something better. A Fender Super 60 (Used) Marshall DSL40C.
^ speaker out, you mean?

Also if you're in the UK or Ireland (I assume you are by your username, but obviously that's just a guess) I'd seriously suggest avoiding musicstore. I didn't much like their aftersales service. By contrast, thomann has been very good and has prices which are normally comparable to Musicstore (if not even slightly cheaper).
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ speaker out, you mean?

Also if you're in the UK or Ireland (I assume you are by your username, but obviously that's just a guess) I'd seriously suggest avoiding musicstore. I didn't much like their aftersales service. By contrast, thomann has been very good and has prices which are normally comparable to Musicstore (if not even slightly cheaper).

i will give that a try any good speaer out amps ? around 150?
Instead of buying the modeling features built into an amp, what about picking up a Line6 POD instead?

You can use your current amp as basically just a speaker or use headphones for now and when you gig run the POD into the PA system directly (or into powered speaker or use with a larger traditional amp later on).

Basically you'll end up with a vastly more flexible setup and it will sound better than a Mustang or Spider amp on top of it.

If I were starting new with gear these days it's what I would buy. . .

If you can go used the POD HD500 looks like about at the top of your budget. There are other older models like a POD XT that should easily be within budget.
Quote by matthewrooney12
i just bought an Orange CR35LDX for EUR175 Usually EUR230. Pretty chuffed

Umm...I mean...

But really....
This thread
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
They think you should've bought a different amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
They think you should've bought a different amp.

I understand that much but what is wrong with the amp I ordered?
Quote by matthewrooney12

Given your budget limitations and playing style it is probably a good fit. Much better tone than a Spider and similar in sound quality to a Roland Cube 40. Good luck!
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by matthewrooney12

I don't know, I haven't tried it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah don't worry about it matthewrooney12.

Tube supremacists gonna supremacise!
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here