Hey there, I found a great deal on a DV mark triple 6. (For only $580 in mint condition) and decided to order it. I was tired of my digital rig so i sold my pod HD pro and power amp to go back to tube amps. I've heard mixed things about the Triple 6 but from what i'v seen, they sound good in recordings. I saw a video of fredrik from meshuggah just chugging on it and he made it sound awesome.

Does anyone have any experience with them? What do you think? And if anyone owns one, do you have any advice when it comes to setting up tones on it?

I play out of a custom omega 2x12 cab with and Eminence Swamp than and an Eminence Wizard if that helps at all.
Never tried one but I'd be interested to hear what you think of it. I came across them a while back (also the bad boy (WTF with the names? ), which seems to have been discontinued), but I chickened out
they have the triple 6 3. they revamped thier line. they also have an axe FX like alternative. a modeling rack unit.

i purchased the lil 40 once in hopes the power scaling would provide me angus young at bedroom volumes. i have discovered its a pipe dream. it worked as advertised, but the fact of the matter is that even at 1/4 watt, overdriving el-34 power tubes is going to be MOFOIN LOUD nomatter what. easilly band rehersal / gigging volumes. the difference is just that. you can take a 40 watt 1x12 and get angus young without being too loud and control it instead of having a 100 watt full stack in a stadium. mission success. that doesnt mean it works in an apartment bedroom for practice.

back on topic - the amp was very high quality. very light. about 12-15 pounds or so for a 40 watt head. probably because it was a hollow mesh, steel chassis with all components mounted to a PCB board internally. i didnt like that. spill a beer on it and its done. that aside, it felt like a darn rock, and all the jacks, knobs, etc oozed quality. i was relatively impressed.

i returned it because it didnt suit me. but great amp. it had very great tone. the egnater tweaker i exchanged it 4 was not nearly the same quality. my carvin v3m...meh. i dont get the same feel. the DV Mark is probably better quality than my carvin. perhaps on par. both are good. mid-tier but wont impress a mesa owner. not by a long shot.
Haha i see. I asked someone about it and they told me that the triple 6 actually sounded like a hotter rectifier. And he is definitely a rectifier guy so he enjoyed his triple 6. In my own opinion, I think rectifiers are a little plain nowadays but i'm a huge fan of the mark. But when it gets here's we'll see what can be done with it !
I have only played the Triple 6 from DV Mark, I want to try a Marigold but DV Mark is very hard to come across in the US, I love the Triple 6 though, because of the power section it does sound like an original 2 channel rectifier at least to my ears, just a more pure tone, and it gets rid of the flabby sounding low end most of the new Rectos have, I suggest trying one out, I can't afford one at the moment
Quote by Branado
I have only played the Triple 6 from DV Mark, I want to try a Marigold but DV Mark is very hard to come across in the US, I love the Triple 6 though, because of the power section it does sound like an original 2 channel rectifier at least to my ears, just a more pure tone, and it gets rid of the flabby sounding low end most of the new Rectos have, I suggest trying one out, I can't afford one at the moment

Sadly there is no way for me to try one out atm. I ended up ordering it so that I don't miss out on the opportunity but I'm going to give a shot. If anything I'm sure I can sell it for more than I bought it for in New York