Hey guys Im trying to learn Bark at The Moon by Ozzy Osbourne, but there's this crazy stretch of a chord I am really struggling with. It seems impossible for my fingers. Everytime I try it actually hurts not just my fingers but my wrist too. Maybe I'm too tense when I try it, IDK.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can nail this stretch, and other crazy stretches in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll5jLRyz2hk

Its roughly at the 4:20 mark
Wow thanks

Please be more helpful

Yes I've tried some stretch exercises recently, but I feel like my left hand locks up and tenses up a lot which is sometimes painful and is obviously bad. is this to be expected at first or just poor foorm
Quote by zatara92
Wow thanks

Please be more helpful

Yes I've tried some stretch exercises recently, but I feel like my left hand locks up and tenses up a lot which is sometimes painful and is obviously bad. is this to be expected at first or just poor foorm

Where have you placed your thumb? Is your hand at right angles to the neck, or slanted?

For me to play this, my thumb is in the middle of the guitar, placed half way between the 5th and 10th fret. My hand is slightly slanted. My wrist is bent, but not much. Makes my wrist ache a little also. But since that pattern doesn't last long, that's ok.

cheers, Jerry
Quote by zatara92
Wow thanks

Please be more helpful

That's all there is to it, son. Take it slowly, and keep at it. Don't overwork yourself and practise simple exercises.
Play the 10th on the A.. EG

G--10--
D--x--
A--10---
E

instead of

G--10--
D--5---
A-------
E-------

If I wanna improve a stretch, I move the same shape up the fretboard and then move down a fret at a time.