I've been thinking about buying Guitar Rig set that includes Rig Kontrol and i have a few questions

Can i plug my guitar to the rig kontrol and rig kontrol to computer directly so i don't need an audio interface/ usb-soundcard there in between?

Rig kontrol has only usb 2.0 input. My computer only has usb 1.0 input, does any problems come up like this?

Can my computer even run Guitar Rig properly (http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/pcs/NP305V5A-A04US-specs)

Is it easier just purchase the software and then buy and audio interface seperately than buying the set?
Can i plug my guitar to the rig kontrol and rig kontrol to computer directly so i don't need an audio interface/ usb-soundcard there in between?

yes

Rig kontrol has only usb 2.0 input. My computer only has usb 1.0 input, does any problems come up like this?

Can my computer even run Guitar Rig properly (http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/...V5A-A04US-specs)

that pc has usb 2.0 and probably even has usb 3.0 so no worries there.

Is it easier just purchase the software and then buy and audio interface seperately than buying the set?

I dont know exactly where you live, but the only place that seems to be selling the Kontrol set is Thomann over in Denmark. NI discontinued Rig Kontrol for some reason and are only selling the software now. If you dont need a footswitch then get the software along with a separate interface. There are some people who use a Behringer FCB1010 footswitch as a midi controller with success, though it does not have an audio interface. You can find the Rig Kontrol on ebay from time to time as well.

in short its easier to buy the software with a separate audio interface.
The rig kontrol is an audio interface among other things, so you wouldn't need another.

Thing is, guitar rig is the problem there, you don't wanna buy guitar rig, it sounds bad for everything not clean or very mildly distorted.
And it still only sounds good there 'cause of the lotsa funny fx you can use.

Go in the recording section and read the recording resources sticky and the amp sims sticky.
I recommend that you just purchase an interface and floor controller separately. You could consider looking for a M-Audio Firewire 410 used on Ebay or Guitar Center's used section. It's one of the few cheaper interfaces that has midi in/out. I bought one from Guitar Center two months ago for $65.00 + $4.00 shipping (they are common for about $100.00 on ebay). Interfaces with Midi for less than $100.00 are kind of hard to find. For a firewire interface, you would need to get a PCI firewire card to put in your computer, though.

I'm not sure if there are any USB interfaces with midi in/outs.

You should consider that Rig Kontrol or even the controller for AmpliTube may only work with their related software (I think AmpliTube is definite on this). Other interfaces will work with anything.

This is why many people get an interface and an FCB1010. This combo will work with most anything that allows midi assignments.

If it matters, firewire latency is less than half that of USB. Go firewire if you can.

I recommend that you do some research both here on the recordings section of the forums (as mentioned above) and at guitarampmodeling.com to get a better understanding.
Last edited by JackBanez at Nov 16, 2014,