Budget is about $350 - $375.

I play mostly blues and I guess the most important thing to me is a nice warm overdriven sound. And good cleans that really bring out the guitar's character too of course. I occasionally play rock but that's not a big deal, I could always use a pedal for that.

Looking for a new amp.

This is just for home use, doesn't need to be powerful at all. Don't plan on jamming with a band or anything.

My guitars are a Fender American Strat and an Ibanez RGT42BP with Seymour Duncan 59's in it.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking the Fender Super Champ X2 fits my needs pretty well. I'm kind of biased towards tube amps but I wouldn't have anything against a solid state amp if it could give me some great blues sounds.
how quietly do you have to play?

are you ok with preamp (tube) overdrive/distortion?
Quote by Dave_Mc
how quietly do you have to play?

are you ok with preamp (tube) overdrive/distortion?

Oh definitely. I live in a house and don't have to worry about neighbors or anything.
Quote by Fumble fingers
you could get a used/mint Peavey Classic 30 for your price range

I'll second that as a good choice for blues. I gigged with one for years. Good sound and ruggedly built.
Quote by Jack Strat
Oh definitely. I live in a house and don't have to worry about neighbors or anything.

sweet

In that case I don't think you really need to limit yourself to any specific wattage. the classic 30 is a good call. A fender blues deluxe or blues junior would be worth considering too if you prefer fendery tones for blues.
I love my Blues Junior and play blues/rock. They're a bit more expensive though, and I'd strongly suggest doing the BillM mods and upgrade the speaker if you get the black BJr III.
They're great for home use and can be used in a band if you ever end up jamming. I was playing with a whole band the other day (with an acoustic drum set) and could be heard clearly with the master volume less than half way up.
The Blues Deluxe is probably a better amp, but IMO they just aren't necessary if you're not jamming or gigging with anyone.
Never played the Super Champ or the Peavey suggested, but I'd give them a try as well.
another +1 for the classic 30

if you save or are electrically savvy, i would look into a Marshall 1974X clone, known as the 18watt. parts only in the one i built came out to like $350-$400 though.
Quote by nathan:-)
I love my Blues Junior and play blues/rock. They're a bit more expensive though, and I'd strongly suggest doing the BillM mods and upgrade the speaker if you get the black BJr III.
They're great for home use and can be used in a band if you ever end up jamming. I was playing with a whole band the other day (with an acoustic drum set) and could be heard clearly with the master volume less than half way up.

Agreed.

A modded Fender Blues Jr. with an Eminence Swap Thang is fantastic.
Thanks so much for all the suggestions guys, you've definitely given me plenty more stuff to think about! I appreciate it.

What do you think of the Peavey Valve King? It's a little cheaper than the Classic 30.
Quote by Jack Strat
Thanks so much for all the suggestions guys, you've definitely given me plenty more stuff to think about! I appreciate it.

What do you think of the Peavey Valve King? It's a little cheaper than the Classic 30.

As a whole the Classic 30 is the better amp.

The VK is a decent amp, with a nice clean channel. The dirty sounds can get heavier than the C30, but it needs a little help. The built in boost function is worthless, so I really advise that you buy a Bad monkey or Tube screamer pedal of some kind. You can do the dummy jack trick which is easy, put a patch cable from the FX send to the FX return and this makes a noticeable difference in sound. The VK also highly benefits from a speaker swap