Page 1 of 4
Can we talk about birds for a minute? They're pretty cool

I like to look at birds and listen to birds and talk about birds I've seen to people

If you are a bird bro or otherwise ornithological, please post pictures and tell me about the birds you've seen
Good start guys not exactly what I'm looking for here but I appreciate the enthusiasm
I think I saw a bird when I went to the aquarium in 1987 but I was distracted so I'm not sure.
Ok so this summer I was sitting at work taking a short break and I saw 5 indigo buntings in one spot eating stuff off the ground.

Indigo buntings are not "rare" but you normally don't see more than 1 or 2, so 5 was something else, wow!

Here is going going Super Saiyan
Quote by eGraham
Ok so this summer I was sitting at work taking a short break and I saw 5 indigo buntings in one spot eating stuff off the ground.

Indigo buntings are not "rare" but you normally don't see more than 1 or 2, so 5 was something else, wow!

Here is going going Super Saiyan

Wow! There's no doubt about it. That's definitely a bird.
Quote by DonGlover
Wow! There's no doubt about it. That's definitely a bird.

Quote by Trowzaa
I love tits

The Tufted Titmouse is known for its loud and piercing peter-peter-peter song

Quote by Baby Joel
warble

Warblers are not a distinct species of bird, but are a group that share similar characteristics!

Quote by chookiecookie
Tweet tweet

Tweet

chirp ~~
As a bird owner I can tell you birds are ****ing awful and never shut up and aren't worthy of being considered good animals, and should only be used as a source of food.
Quote by eGraham
Warblers are not a distinct species of bird, but are a group that share similar characteristics!

warble
birds are cool this one time I saw a huge crow but it wasn't a crow it was a raven and this other time a seagull pooped on my face and this other other time I saw a dead pigeon with his head gone which was gross and sad but also kind of cool but still very sad because it didn't have a head
I stepped outside for a minute and saw a kingfisher standing on the post of a dock.

What a marvelous world !!!!!!
Hey this thread is well timed. I was thinking about this.

My wife put up a hummingbird feeder and traditional bird feeder in our little garden out front, and it's right outside of our living room window.

We get a few varieties of birds in the traditional feeder, a couple different tits, occasional robin, etc.

There were some hummingbirds that kept coming to the feeder, and my wife was concerned because she thought they were supposed to have migrated by now and was worried about them haha. Turns out they're Anna's hummingbirds, these little guys:

"Anna's hummingbirds have the northernmost year-round range of any hummingbird."

We've been taking our hummingbird feeder inside at night to keep it from freezing so they don't starve.

I'd like to get a pic of one sometime, but they're quick little devils.

I also want to get a bird spotting book (or whatever they're called) so I know the types that I see. I have a book for tropical fishes and pacific northwest coastal fishes, for when I go diving, but I don't know squat about birds.
check out tweet of the day on BBC radio 4.

also the sparrows were massing today which was cool but the traffic noise prevented me from making a recording of said sparrows.
I got a few shots of a ruby-throated hummingbird a few summers ago using my uncle's motion sensor camera. It was at my grandma's house and I just hung the camera on a pillar next to the feeder for a day. It was really cool.

Um I think the book you mean is called like a field identification guide. They have some with checklists so you can mark off the ones you've seen.
i saw a really rare duck once but i've forgotten the name of it

i wouldn't have known if it wasn't for everyone else around me being incredibly excited about it

bird people are a bit strange like that

i also got to see a marsh harrier really up close once which was p cool
Last edited by So-Cal at Nov 16, 2014,
If you care about bird watching at all, seeing a rare or unusual bird is pretty cool o.k.

But now I want to know what it was

I saw a sandhill crane a few weeks ago and that was pretty cool, too
Page 1 of 4