Hi, so I have decided to learn all the blues scale movable shapes, but I cant seem to find any tab of a extended e minor blues scale, where the scale is played for example from the bottom of the neck to much higher notes, I know where all the notes are because I can see them here http://www.coniferguitar.com/Blues_scales_for_guitar/Em_sixnote_blues_scale/Em_sixnote_blues_scale.html ---but I dont know which notes to select to make the best sounding scale, I wanted to learn an extended Em blues scale could anyone tab me one or instruct me the best way how to do it? Thanks!
Last edited by Frenetixx at Nov 16, 2014,
I assume you mean a 3-notes-per-string scale? Pentatonic scales don't really lend themselves to that sort of playing, unless you like stretching! You could try this though, its an E blues scale, and starts on note D:

E: 10-12-15
A: 12-13-14
D: 12-14-17
G: 14-15-16
B: 15-17-20
E: 17-18-19
Last edited by Joeseye at Nov 17, 2014,
I guess you are looking for something like this:

e|--------------------------------------10-12-
B|---------------------------8-10-11-12-------
G|-----------------------7-9------------------
D|---------------5-7-8-9----------------------
A|-----------5-7------------------------------
E|-0-3-5-6-7----------------------------------

You could figure out your own shape though. This is just what I find easy to play (because all the jumps are only 1 or 2 fret jumps). When coming up with your shape, just make sure it contains all the notes of the scale. You want it to be easy to play.
Quote by Frenetixx
Hi, so I have decided to learn all the blues scale movable shapes, but I cant seem to find any tab of a extended e minor blues scale, where the scale is played for example from the bottom of the neck to much higher notes, I know where all the notes are because I can see them here http://www.coniferguitar.com/Blues_scales_for_guitar/Em_sixnote_blues_scale/Em_sixnote_blues_scale.html ---but I dont know which notes to select to make the best sounding scale, I wanted to learn an extended Em blues scale could anyone tab me one or instruct me the best way how to do it? Thanks!

Here's a few options. Red circle is the root (E here). See bottom of each image for colour coding of intervals.

cheers, Jerry
Last edited by jerrykramskoy at Nov 17, 2014,