Can anyone help me at all with identifying my acoustic guitar? (images attached at bottom)

All I know is:
My dad got it from my uncle, who bought it second hand in 1978.
It was made in Korea
It's a dreadnought
It was (probably) bought in Australia as I've seen an identical one on eBay.

help?

EDIT: the number inside is model no. 1226 and It's a Riviera
Attachments:
PB170042b.jpg
PB170043.JPG
PB170045.JPG
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Nov 17, 2014,
Dude, I don't know where you are, (and care less), but here it's 4:00AM.

With that being said, don't you think it would be reasonable to wait more than an hour and a half before you go getting all impatient?
It looks like a "lawsuit era" Martin copy. "Rivera" doesn't ring any bells though. Have you tried tracking the name back to a larger OEM?

"Rivera" seems to track almost exclusively to the Epiphone, "Rivera", (semi hollow in the style of an ES-335), and its origin in Korea.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Nov 19, 2014,
Quote by Captaincranky
It looks like a "lawsuit era" Martin copy. "Rivera" doesn't ring any bells though. Have you tried tracking the name back to a larger OEM?

This actually makes a lot of sense the more I think about. It has very similar dimensions to my teacher's old Martin (can't think of what model though).
Quote by Captaincranky
"Rivera" seems to track almost exclusively to the Epiphone, "Rivera", (semi hollow in the style of an ES-335), and its origin in Korea.

a week of searching only found me this

ta muchly
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Captaincranky
"Jedistar" has a lot of vintage guitar info. I don't know if they can help you out specifically. But, the site is worth a bookmark: http://www.jedistar.com/ and a look see.

nothing specific, but I've got a lead from it confirming that It's a knock-off (there were pictures of a Riviera Gretsch copy), so I think it may have been a lawsuit-era copy company.

Thanks more!
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day