I have the opportunity to buy a 2008 chinese lp custom for 325$ or a 2001 korean black beauty for 475$. Which one's better/ which one would you buy?
The Black Beauty is exactly the same guitar as the Custom except for the added pickup.

Personally, having owned a Chinese Epiphone LP Standard from 2007, I would go for the Chinese with the Grover tuners. But it all depends on the condition of the guitar. (I have no clue if those prices are good or not in you location.)

Good luck with your purchase.
I've heard from loads of people that the chinese Epiphones are as good as the old Korean ones based on their experiences with both. In fact, better because the newer ones generally have better features than the old ones. I can understand why some might prefer the Korean ones though, since no guitars are created equal.

$475 for an old Epiphone LP Custom sounds like a ripoff.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 17, 2014,
I have several Epiphone Les Pauls and one is a Korean made Custom from 2005 (white) made at the Saen factory in Incon, South Korea. The only thing I don't like about it is that mine weighs 11.3 lbs. It plays great and looks beautiful and the neck is perfect with very low action but I can't gig with it because it's too heavy. I love Black Beauty's with that center pickup. I am rewiring a Chinese clone Black Beauty now so that each pickup has it's own individual volume control with just one master tone. For the money I'd go with the Custom but that Black Beauty is very tempting.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Nov 17, 2014,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I've heard from loads of people that the chinese Epiphones are as good as the old Korean ones based on their experiences with both. In fact, better because the newer ones generally have better features than the old ones. I can understand why some might prefer the Korean ones though, since no guitars are created equal.

$475 for an old Epiphone LP Custom sounds like a ripoff.

I have experience in both and I super disagree. Epiphone has started putting out some way better products in the last couple years, but the 2009-2013ish era was kind of poor.

And I agree, $475 is way too much.
I have a epiphone les Paul custom and I can't find shit about it ??? I type it n and can't find not one other like it need some help 100 percent inspected and set up in the USA by e . The cereal number 199031629 .. ?? Any one can help please
Quote by Twayne864
I have a epiphone les Paul custom and I can't find shit about it ??? I type it n and can't find not one other like it need some help 100 percent inspected and set up in the USA by e . The cereal number 199031629 .. ?? Any one can help please

cereal...

made March '99 at the korean Saein factory

first digit is an "I" not "1"