I was using my multi FX and suddenly i heard a "boom" sound from my amp it was not loud at all but i suddenly found that the jack in the amp got disconnected (partially out of the socket ) !!
Now my amp sound a lot weaker and much muddier and bass sounds horrible, I'm not sure but i think the multi fx still gives normal good sound
So do you thing the preamp got ****ed ?
The amp is vox pathfinder 10
Is it fixable ?
Thank you.
The output of a MFX will not damage the preamp of an amp.

Are you talking the power cable, or the guitar cable was partially out of the socket?
The guitar cable
And you can hear how horrible the amp got unless I'm using the mfx which is why i thought the preamp got ruined
No that couldn't happen.
I mean digital stuff can ruin your sound, but ruin your pre, that's a bit too far.

The mfx may have just gone bad.
Do you have any way of testing it with another amp?
Also can you test that mfx unit with another cable?

Wait, wait, wait, in that message up there you're saying your amp now sounds worse than it used to be when you're not using the mfx unit, but sounds the same when you are using that?
Have you tightened the input jack?

Your amp may have started to die, but without actually seeing it, it's hard to say.

Does the amp sound fine when your using the MFX and like crap without it?
Yep it sounds crap without the mfx
Maybe i used too much bass or something the speaker couldn't handle but then it's fine when using the mfx x_x
Btw the distortion is very bad but clean sound is kinda acceptable
Bass strings sound like shit though
Yep , the speaker got kinda blown due to high bass or something
Could've been worse though ..
Can it be fixed ?
Nobody'll sell the necessary to fix such speakers, and getting a new speaker isn't worth it.

If you've broken a speaker you need a new amp, though how can you be sure you did in fact broke a speaker?
Quote by Spambot_2
Nobody'll sell the necessary to fix such speakers, and getting a new speaker isn't worth it.

If you've broken a speaker you need a new amp, though how can you be sure you did in fact broke a speaker?

to make sure a speaker is or isn't blown, take a 9v battery and touch both posts If the voice coil moves (and you will know when it does, the ) then the speaker is fine
Quote by DeathmoniC
Yep it sounds crap without the mfx
Maybe i used too much bass or something the speaker couldn't handle but then it's fine when using the mfx x_x

Folks, if it sounds fine when he uses the MFX, it's not a blown speaker...
Which multi fx are you using? Can you close mic your speaker and record the mfx vs no mfx tones?