Hi there, first post on here!

So I've just purchased an ISP Decimator G String 2, and I'm confused on how to set up my chain. I use a Gibson SG Goddess into a tuner, OD pedal, Octaver, and then into the front of a Laney Ironheart 120W head. Now I use the amps gain, using the OD to give a solo boost. When playing live I get feedback that I want to get rid of, but even with the volume off/muted with bypass on the tuner, I still get loud hissing from the pre amp. I want to eliminate both of these nuisances.

Now with the G string, it has a guitar in and out, as well as a loop for the decimator, so 4 cables in all. What would be the best way to run this? Would I be able to gate the guitar and pedals with the guitar out going through my pedals, into the front of the amp, then using the other 2 jacks for my FX loop?

So:
Guitar > (guitar in) (Guitar out) > pedals > amp
Decimator out > FX return > FX send > Decimator in

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Glad to have joined the UG Community!
Ha, I was just about to post about that. So can I treat that exactly the same, whereby the guitar output includes my pedals before hitting the amp? I don't know if the way the G Strings 'guitar signal tracking' works, means it needs to go directly to the amp?
I'm starting to sound stupid the more I type... I think that's the answer lol. Where else would my pedals go otherwise!
Quote by TheLazer
Ha, I was just about to post about that. So can I treat that exactly the same, whereby the guitar output includes my pedals before hitting the amp? I don't know if the way the G Strings 'guitar signal tracking' works, means it needs to go directly to the amp?
I'm starting to sound stupid the more I type... I think that's the answer lol. Where else would my pedals go otherwise!

Yep I think that's how it works.
Ah that's great news. My only worry - if the amps hiss is higher/lower than the feedback of the guitar and pedals, I'll never be able to cover both without tone/sustain loss :\
This is my first noise gate pedal, and I've only actually changed the stompboxes recently, so this is all new to me. Haven't even touched the FX loop yet lol.
Also, would my tuner and wah come before the Decimator? And my octaver for that matter considering it needs as a clean a signal as possible?
I put tuners, wahs ODs and drives before the gate and then my modulated effects after or in the loop part depending on the pedal.
I've had another thought. I still can't get a definite yes or no as to whether the G string can work in the X pattern. Constant conflicting views on the Internet.
But if I put all of my pedals BEFORE the gate, will it carry that signal through to the FX loop part? Or am I better off just setting it up as I originally stated, and let the gate deal with both the amp noise and pedal noise when it reaches the loop?
I just want the most effective way to eliminate pedal noise and amp hiss from high gain
Would I be right in assumin this is how the G strong would work?
The guitar goes into the pedal, it does its magical tracking abilities, and then when it's hooked up to the FX loop at the back, it sends the entire signal through my
Pedal and amp (via the 'guitar out'), all of that noise comes back through the loop into the pedal (via my amps send) and it then sends the cleaned up signal back through the 'guitar out' into my amp?
All this loop stuff is making me loopy...