I need a small decent practice amp for when i don't want to lug my half stack around but still wanna jam places, my friend offered me a spider iv 30w for my extra boss ch1 super chorus and $40. I like how his 75w spider sounds and he says the 30w sounds almost the same and i think it would be a decent practice amp but just wanted your thoughts. My current practice amp is a Peavey Envoy 110 (2010 i believe) but the distortion is not what i want and i am no longer happy with the distortion pedal i bought and id rather not drop 100 bucks on another pedal ill barely use. Im looking for general versatility with a basis on metal. Thoughts?
Last edited by TYSHADOWS at Nov 17, 2014,
Quote by TYSHADOWS
I need a small decent practice amp for when i don't want to lug my half stack around but still wanna jam places, my friend offered me a spider iv 30w for my extra boss ch1 super chorus and $40. I like how his 75w spider sounds and he says the 30w sounds almost the same and i think it would be a decent practice amp but just wanted your thoughts. My current practice amp is a Peavey Envoy 110 (2010 i believe) but the distortion is not what i want and i am no longer happy with the distortion pedal i bought and id rather not drop 100 bucks on another pedal ill barely use. Thoughts?

That's all that really matters, that YOU like it.

Spiders don't get much love around here, mostly because they are overpriced, poor sounding pieces of crap, but tone is subjective and if you like it it's a good deal.

I personally would rather jam a fork in my ear, and believe that you can probably do better, but it's your call.
Quote by Arby911
That's all that really matters, that YOU like it.

Spiders don't get much love around here, mostly because they are overpriced, poor sounding pieces of crap, but tone is subjective and if you like it it's a good deal.

I personally would rather jam a fork in my ear, and believe that you can probably do better, but it's your call.

I just would like something that i can just toss in the back with my guitar and a cable and have a basic arsenal at my disposal. I won't be using it at home even as a bedroom amp, I've got my stack for that which i love, i just don't always wanna lug it over to non musicians friends houses when they tell me to bring over my guitar. thats why i don't wanna drop a ton on a new amazing little amp when i am saving for a new tube head and wouldn't ever use the mini one 95% of the time.
I was just wondering if the trade seemed fair. I may try to talk him down to $30 plus the pedal (the pedal is brand new in the box used once) rather than 40 but other than that if its a good price
Last edited by TYSHADOWS at Nov 17, 2014,
Just try it out, and if you like it do the deal. Worse case scenario you could unload it all and save up for a better one.